• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jul 11, 2015] King's Clash at Kingswoods Place (Southfield, MI)

AmiiboKing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hnic313
1. About
Hello everyone! AmiiboKing & Slam Shady here to present the Michigan Smash 4 scene with its first ever Kings Clash At Kingswood Smash for WiiU Tournament Series. Kings Clash is brought to you all in the hopes of proving who the true kings in Smash are! With this event we aim to bring you all a great experience to introduce new players to the competitive Smash Bros scene here in Michigan as well as to keep our seasoned veterans in practice. The Dates for tourney, will be July 11th from 6:45pm -2am ( We basically have the venue all night; We may even have time to do another tourney.) There will be another event going on at the Venue until 6pm, we have to allow them time to clean up so arriving early or promptly isn’t as strict as usal. The venue also has a private pool that can be utilized until 10 pm. We hope to see you all here at there!
Set Up Perks
Bringing Set ups are a crucial Part of Running successful tourneys. As a result anyone who brings a set up will be refunded the $5 venue fee when the tourney / Smashfest is over.

Contact
Amiibo King (Dre) - 248-778-5537 | @ AmiiboKing AmiiboKing
Slam Shady (Danny) – 313- 919-1244

19800 Kingsgate Cir, Southfield, Michigan 48076

Registration Link
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1T2RlZoc6DGCM9T9S3A5fkAYHOHtBnvZWymLnQdxW0D0/edit

Venue Fee $5.00

Smash 4 Singles Fee $5.00

Smash 4 Doubles Fee $5.00 ( $5.00 per player so $10 total per team)

Teams will commence if we get at least 10-15 teams
  1. Spoiler: Traditional Weeklies

06:15-6:45 PM - Doors Open,
Registration for Smash 4 Begins 07:00 PM -
Registration for Smash 4 Ends 07:15-7:30 PM -
Smash 4 Bracket Begins 12:00 AM-2AM - Event ends and Post Food Trip?

Payouts
Spoiler: Payouts
Toggle Spoiler
Under 29
1: 60%
2: 30%
3: 10%
30 - 39
1: 55%
2: 30%
3: 10%
4: 5%
40 - 75
1: 48%
2: 22%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 2.5% (both 5th places)
Above 76
1: 40%
2: 20%
3: 15%
4: 10%
5: 5% (both 5th places)
7: 2.5% (both 7th places)
  1. Rules
Bring Your Own Controller! Controllers are not supplied at these events you must bring your own.
Spoiler: Singles
Toggle Spoiler
2 Stock, 6 Minutes (Singles) 3 Stock, 8 Minutes (Doubles) Pause Function disabled Items set to "Off" and "None" Equipment is banned Custom fighters are not allowed Mii Fighters will all be set to Default (1111)Stages Neutrals
Battlefield/Miiverse Dreamland 64 Final Destination (Use Omega Battlefield on Stream) Smashville Town & City
Counterpicks
Castle Siege Delfino Plaza Duck Hunt Halberd Lylat Cruise Omega Stages* *treated as FD in bann
*Venue fee is waived if a player brings a full Smash 4 setup (Monitor, WiiU, GCA) and it is used for the entirety of the event

Last edited:

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
I'll have to see if I can make it to this.
Is the entry fee $5?
It mentions the venue fee, but I must have missed the entry fee.
Any estimated number on how many may show up?

Last edited:

AmiiboKing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hnic313
I'll have to see if I can make it to this.
Is the entry fee $5?
It mentions the venue fee, but I must have missed the entry fee.
Any estimated number on how many may show up?
Right Now at Least 4 confirmed and 5 maybes. If we get 10 we will host it and do a Round Robin and friendlies.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Right Now at Least 4 confirmed and 5 maybes. If we get 10 we will host it and do a Round Robin and friendlies.
Okay, if I show up I would be bringing at least one friend or maybe two. Trying to figure out times and everything. (my friend works saturday and has some stuff going on).
And my other friend doesn't have much money so we are all trying to work something out XD.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
So.. is this going to become a regular thing? Or does it all depends on how many show up today?
I'll probably pass this week. It's 40 miles from my house, and it's about 30 from my friends... so doing the math, this week might not be able to happen.

AmiiboKing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hnic313
So.. is this going to become a regular thing? Or does it all depends on how many show up today?
I'll probably pass this week. It's 40 miles from my house, and it's about 30 from my friends... so doing the math, this week might not be able to happen.
Dude we got alot of confirmations, lots of set ups. This is one for the books. 40 miles is far but hey thats life. Wish you could come . Nom, Rayquaza, KipDog, Smasher1001 etc will be there !

Daybreak502

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EricAJ
What is the venue? Like someone's house or something else. Just wondering bc I may go im not sure if I can

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
I'll try my best to come. I've got way better since we've last played. I've just had a lot of issues come up at once so my funds are low/gas money sucks. This one would be a 140 mile round trip for my friend and I.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Venue is being used earlier. It was in the notes
Too late, probably can't come. Would've if the venue was being used earlier from the start so that it would be comfortable for my guardians to let me attend. Just sayin'.

Curisu

Smash Cadet
Eternal Blue, Origami Cyclone and I should be there at about 7:15. I hope that's okay!!

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
This was actually really fun. Only downside was the smaller room and it was hot.
If you do this again I would go to it.

Good games to everyone I fought.

Last edited:
Top Bottom