• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Juggling with Mega Man.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Okay, so question. When you launch someone up with DThrow and they're too high in damage percentage to hit with Flame Sword, what do you do? They're going to airdodge your Air Shooter, so how do you best keep them up in the air for damage?

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Good question actually. Maybe sweetspot them with a nair lemon?

Edit: Set up a leaf shield and grab or mindgame your opponent.

2nd edit: Scratch that. Mega Man can't exactly juggle as much as other characters. Maybe just stall them in the air instead of juggling.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Something I've been doing lately is dthrow to sh uair, then reacting. If they air dodge it, it seems like we get a free usmash or regrab on their landing.. Could also possibly get a different smash or utilt, but the timing/spacing is tricky. It's Pretty nifty though.
If they avoid the uair and jump, just send another or do the regular landing punishes.
If they get hit, follow with another uair. Overall it seems like a really nice trap.

At really high percents, you essentially have the option to throw them offstage or put them in the air. Both are negative positions for them, given that mega is pretty good at punishing landings and edgeguarding, so both are viable for different situations

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
well, as a combo starter, i grab to down throw, then jump and hit with the flame sword, wait till they hit the ground, and i let them get up, and immediately "fake short fast hop" at them, wait for their response. if they hit mash a, i powershield, then proceed to shoruyekn. depends if i get sour spot or sweet spot to calculate my next move.

i find that megaman is more about a i hit, then watch to see wat you respond with, and respond with an appropiate move afterwards.

sometimes i even stand still.
literally, i don't move anywhere.
and my opponent charges in
and throws a dash attack that can easily be punished
with short hop to flame sword, or power shield to sweet spot lemon, or short hop fast drop to shoruyken.

trust me when i say this, you'll confuse your opponent a whole lot if you just do nothing to them. or walk up to them like you're going to attack, but you're just baiting them, and you proceed to punish

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Uair mostly hits at low percents as they don't have time to air dodge. At higher percents wait just a second before doing your Uair as they will get hit after they air dodge.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Up-B after the throw instead of jumping. They'll likely air dodge out of fear of the air shooter, but you'll be at the right height to Flame Sword them there.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I would either choose to jump after them and delay uair, or if I'm feeling risky, land and hopefully land a utilt.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Maybe instead of jumping after them with his unreliable aerials, you can stay grounded and shoot buster shots to hit them before/just as they land. Since they don't want to expend a double jump or air dodge before landing, they'll take the hit(s). And if they do double jump, you can then come at them with an aerial to push them offstage now that they just blew a vital piece of their recovery.

FatSlapper

Smash Rookie
Air shooter can be sooo good. And speaking of juggling, I've launched a grounded rush coil at a rushing opponent who gets sent in the air with me where I was able to tornado him out. Oh my lerd I wish I saved replays, it was a most crunchy ko

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
at higher percents, U-throw > Diagonal Metablade (zoning purposes) is a nasty set-up for an Uair.

This tactic is super effective. also U-throw does more damage than D-throw.

Just remember that juggling is effective on Floaty + low air acceleration + low airspeed characters + low landing options

but harder on fast faller + high air speed + high air acceleration. + plus good anti-juggle tactics

Although I'd say that landing/ant-juggle options is the most potent of characteristics.
and the weakest is airspeed, air acceleration is more important when is comes to not being juggled.

Like Little Mac is Floaty + low air acceleration + Low air speed + low air speed so he is theoretically super easy to juggle,
but he has a counter which pulls his entire anti-juggle game together.

And Sonic has high Floaty + high airspeed + very low air acceleration + decent anti-juggle (Spring jump > auto-canceled dair)
Sonic is fairly easy to juggle because he las super low air acceleration which mean drifting in a direction is a commitment and you simply have to keep in mind he can nail you with a Spring. his high airspeed can only really help him if he wants to go to the ledge.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Mega Man doesn't have the speed to chase down most characters in the air. Instead, you can try to harass them with pellet as they are about to land, or use the time to prepare a metal blade, leaf shield, etc.

Top Bottom