• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Judge Me-->xdddd

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice

noradseven

Smash Lord
because of the fact that nobody is answering my theard at general videos i decided to upload it here again^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h89Hd...e=channel_page

what do you think of my zss

pls tipps and critique

for those who are interessted in combos against lvl 9 and real people^^

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha2On

but notice: i can´t here the ****: noone cares about cpus and stuff, so pls don´t answer this
"video contains a malformed ID"

Im going to guess your ZSS sucks.

Mainly from the combo videos' because they weren't combos hahaha, they were pressure strings, you arn't considering DI, and in some of the vids they dodged in between the combo and you hit them after it. :confused:

combo=inescapable
pressure string= escapable but very good, and difficult to punish.
unblockables=set ups which in brawl involve hitting the opponent so that they are forced to land, no jumps and you hit them during the recovery frames of landing(normally around 1/15 of a second).

ZSS combos that I know work

D-smash into anything
Shorthopping fast fall neutral air into jump f-air, done as fast as you can.
U-B at around 50% on average character dependent, into u-tilt(sometimes as an unblockable)/jab, (aireals sometimes).

*okay other stuff after U-B works too but its more difficult and other than maybe d-tilt/grab after U-B doesn't have a point

**Yes there are character specific d-smash loops, and infinite on Rob, but whatever.

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
well i know what DI is: Direction Influence

however, i know that this is not my best match, and the opponent was pretty sick of brawl there^^

btw. i don´t if you call it combo or pressure string, it might be correct, but if you take a look at the combo videos, how many things they pull of are COMBO´s? almost noone

ty for critic, but you didn´t say anything, that helps me to get a better player

noradseven

Smash Lord
well i know what DI is: Direction Influence

however, i know that this is not my best match, and the opponent was pretty sick of brawl there^^

btw. i don´t if you call it combo or pressure string, it might be correct, but if you take a look at the combo videos, how many things they pull of are COMBO´s? almost noone

ty for critic, but you didn´t say anything, that helps me to get a better player
Sorry Ill try to be nice they could get out of it because they had time to airdodge in many of the circumstances heck the computers did it and DIing can change the way move after getting hit aka it may take you slightly longer to reach them an in that time they could hit your or dodge or something. There are many ways out of them I can start pulling specifics if you like.

The reason I said pressure strings was because what you are doing is good and often times keeps the opponent on the defense and you in control of the game, which is good, but they can get out of it, but in most cases even if they get out of it counter attacks will be tricky for a least a few moments.

If you want to get to be a better player

I would try just playing a lot of different people 1 or 2 other people isn't going to be enough, and computers don't help trust me.

Get really good at moving around with ZSS. Like timing your aireals so you can hit crouching opponents consistently and stuff like that.

Over B and down smash are for fear, in other words place them between the oppenent and yourself to make their approach problematic.

They can also be used for counters and punishing.

I think there is a guide on how to play as ZSS a page back or 2 but its outdated but its still a nice place to start.

Specific help
Saw those ZSS vs Pika fights this is my most experienced matchup because my friend also mains pika.

First advice for the pikachu
standing thundershocks nooooo. The best thing I have seen is slowly retreating thundershocks. like shorthop thundershock, shorthop thundershock, short hop thunder shock, repeat all while running away.

Pikachus good approaches, forward air, down air (causes electric explosion on landing). and run up shield downsmash/grab. Learn to wavebounce thunder as well its pretty annoying and hard to recover when a pikachu is doing it.

Advice for ZSS
Pikachu is a tricky fellow for ZSS, use over B and d-smash more than normal, and just try to slowly approach pikachu.

Use the first hit of the over B to cancel out thundershock and second to hit him, this is pretty reliable in this fight.

This match is all about who gets off their killing move first. ZSS has three primary killing moves on pikachu u-air, back air and over B.

Pikachu has 3 thunder, and f-smash both are relatively slow *note not dsmash because if you DI up while in it you pop out of it way before it ends. The only really dangerous one is usmash this comes out fast and will kill you around 120%.

All three of your moves especially the u-air can easily connect and will kill Pikachu anywhere between 120-150% reliably, between this and punishing missed thunders and downsmashes with downsmashes of your own for free 40-50% damage, is the best way to win the match.

Bouse

Smash Ace
You know, I was pretty depressed at my level of skill when it came to this game...

Then I saw this thread.

Not only because of you, but because of subpar Pika-playing. Anywho, if you have an internet connection DSL or better, get on the AiB ladder and try to build up some skill that way. Some people are very nice and will tell you what you can do better.

Also, watch lots of YouTube videos. Look for Snakeee's matches and Dazwa's if you can find them. Really it comes down to seeing the potential of the character and learning how to implement it. Also, find Snakeee's username, get his AIM name and bother him on AIM as much as you can.

Ha2On

Smash Apprentice
i´ll try to follow your advices and upload some more things soon

thank you for friendlyness

both^^

Top Bottom