• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JPN or NA Brawl? For the PAL importer

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
It's probably a little early to ask this, but...

I live in Australia and own a PAL Wii and I'm planning on ordering a Wii Freeloader and Brawl. However, I don't know which is better to get: Japanese or NA Brawl?

Japan Brawl is probably cheaper, and IMO has superior voices. I don't mind the text or anything like that. It'll probably be easier to get hold of too, since the NA one could be sold out for a while.

However I hear rumors that the NA Brawl will have certain character adjustments such as Marth's Fair being slightly nerfed in terms of ground lag, and then there's always the added bonus of being able to read trophies and whatnot, which is always nice.

So any ideas?

Sonic_VS_Mario

Smash Cadet
in the end its really how much voices and text matter. there might be other slight diffrences but i dont think they will affect ur gaming massively

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Well...the JP version was confirmed by Codejunkies to work with the Freeloader. So that's something.

However, the NA version...well, if the game's text is important to you - especially trophy descriptions - then of course you should get that. Plus the voice stuff. But we're not sure if it works at the moment...personally, I'm going to wait a little once I've got the game and the Freeloader and see if it works for everyone else. If not, I'm getting mah refunds.

edit: Oh, and the rumors about Marth's Fair being nerf was from dmbrandon claiming his copy of the NA game was patched. Which was not true, I think (how the hell would it be patched, anyways?). I think you can expect all versions to be the same, what with online requiring everyone to have the same game - balancing from here on out will only be through them printing new versions of the game, like the 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 versions of Melee.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well the text is not important, but gameplay balance is. And so far rumors are saying that the NA version has been tweaked somewhat.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
lol. XD Hi.

I can't believe people are still complimenting me for Dendyn Dynasties, even though it's really not all that good.

Two Heroes will kick DD's butt when it's finished.
I think it's cos I do Flash, I can appreciate how much I suck by looking at your work.

Feel free to click the link in my sig >_<

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I saw that it was cheaper to import the US version than the JP version on play-asia. But like someone else already said, it comes down to the voices and text in the end.

Pit_the_Angel

Smash Rookie
The NA version doesn't have some of the JP version's songs. I don't know if it has extra songs to make up for it. Also, there's no Snakedashing and Pit Arrow Looping, and I can't Koopa Hop, but I don't know if it's just me or if it was removed.

Top Bottom