• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Joystick Control Exercises

Horbie

Smash Cadet
Lately I've been going into training mode to work on some of my technical skills, and it's becoming increasingly apparent that I'm really lacking with my joystick control.

Dash dancing and pivoting is fine, but the more finesse stuff is getting me, like moving from holding the joystick hard in one direction to tilting it in another, or moving from tilt position to tilt position (doing it really quickly at least).

I was wondering if any peeps had some drills/routines/exercises they ran in training mode to help with this stuff that they'd be willing to share.
Or potentially if somebuddy thinks that there's a particular character from the cast that really requires joystick control who I could try playing for a bit to really force myself to work on it.

Top Bottom