• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Join the #Mother3World Campaign! Mother 3 Miiverse Drawing Highlights!

Do you want Mother 3 to come to America?

• YES!

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • NO!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Starmen.Net is currently hosting a Miiverse campaign to get people talking about MOTHER 3! If you’re unfamiliar with what a Siege is, check out this page right here, but here’s the general grasp:

With the inclusion of Lucas in Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS and the release of EarthBound Beginnings and EarthBound on the NA Virtual Console, the chance for an English localization of MOTHER 3 is at an all time high! We were are all excited when MOTHER 3 was released on the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan, with a brand new MOTHER 3 Miiverse Community. Now it is time to show our desire for Mother 3 to come to the West, the same way Earthbound was finally on the VC console when the demand for Earthbound in Miiverse was at an all time high.

Take a read of these questions, made by the moderators of Starmen.net!

Sounds great! How can I participate?

For this event, we’ll be asking you to head on over to that Miiverse community on one of your current gen consoles, and post your art telling the world how great MOTHER 3 is, and how much it would mean to you to see an official English localization! With enough quality posts, we may just catch someone’s attention!

NB: If the Miiverse community isn’t showing up on your console, on the Miiverse page (At the top of the main Miiverse page on Wii U, but at the bottom on the 3DS) there is a drop down menu that should show your default region – Americas or Europe and Oceania. Change that to Japan and that should fix the problem!

There are, however, a few rules and guidelines we’d ask every participant to take note of:
  1. Do make your masterpiece on a current gen console!
  2. Do post your creation to the Miiverse! (with an optional tag of #Mother3)
  3. Do link your post back in the official topic to let people know how awesome you are!
Do not:
  1. Don’t mention Starmen.Net in any of these posts, as that would constitute advertising and will most likely mean your post will get taken down!
  2. Don’t spam the community with contentless or low-effort posts!
  3. Don’t be rude or overly demanding! The goal is to show Nintendo how dedicated, not annoying, MOTHER fans are!

Don't do this.​

There’s no limit on how many posts you can make, so remember not to spam the community with drawings that took little to no effort to make. The aim here is to post with quality and not just quantity!

THERE’S NO SET DEADLINE, BUT THE MORE POSTS THE BETTER!

With the 10th anniversary of this game coming up this year, the time is ripe for every MOTHER fan to show the world that we’re still as determined and excited for the game as we were 10 years ago. Don’t have a Wii U or 3DS? Post on Twitter or Tumblr with the hashtag #Mother3World to share your favourite posts and get the word out to help the cause!

Browse the MOTHER 3 Miiverse!

Here’s hoping for a 2016 localization, and good luck everyone!

My role here is to collect many great Mother 3 drawings made by the community! I'm currently a veteran when it comes to the Miiverse community as I collect drawings for Smash Bros. too! If there's a drawing I see that's eye catching, I'll be sure to showcase here in this thread!

Miiverse Drawing Highlights:

#Mother3World

Last edited:
Started up Earthbound. At Happy Happy village. Fun game.

Based on the fact I originally started this a few motnhs ago maybe by the time I beat it Mother 3 will come out :troll:

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
If a Mother 3 localization was ever going to happen, it would have been on the original DS. Nintendo isn't going to spare the expense to translate a lengthy RPG for a Virtual Console release, and the SJW backlash from an official English portrayal of the Magypsies (who can't be edited out of the game without drastically altering key story events) is a risk their PR department would be especially unwilling to take nowadays.

Honestly, I would have no interest in it. Tomato's translation patch is already damn near close to a perfect adaptation, and even ADDS extra stuff to the game. There's no way that the majority of gaijin Mother fans begging for a localization would be satisfied with what Nintendo gave them, anyway.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
and the SJW backlash from an official English portrayal of the Magypsies
I thought they were positive portrayals of trans men?

Even Fassad the villain is positive in that he's well written.

ZeldaSwordman

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZeldaSwordman
3DS FC
3325-5607-5698
Hell, the Magypsies aren't even trans. They're a separate unisex species. Not that SJWs would really care. They seem as satiable as a rabid bear.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Heyyy, thanks for putting up my Miiverse drawing!

Anyhow, I think there could be a pretty okay chance M3 would finally get localized.
Although certain things about an official translation would worry me. Tomato didn't have to worry about censorship.

Prodigy411

Smash Rookie
Personally, I think that a LOT would have to be edited, but I'm hopeful, damn it! Anyway, changes that would be made are:
  • Magyspies. 'Nuff said.
  • The final battle against Claus should be edited. Seroisly, Claus commiting suicide wouldn't work. (Claus knew perfectly well the Franklin Badge deflected lightning, yet he sent a super-powerful volt of lightning can one-shot him).
  • Also, while her death doesn't have to be cut, maybe Flint's violence afterwards could.

And these are the tips of the iceberg for a Teen game... That, or maybe, just MAYBE a translation like Tomato's is perfect. I say with a bit of tweaking, the translation could be made into what we need for Mother 3... Everyone up for EarthBound Endings, stay strong!

TheVill4ger

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wasted_Freddy
3DS FC
2621-3977-0203
Knowing it might come out, it fills you with DETERMINATION. lel this ain't even undertaleeeee

Top Bottom