• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs Stage Select-

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
big stages where you cannot get KO'ed easily and can make the best use of your long horizontal recovery.

so like yoshi story would be bad whereas old green greens would be good

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Agree, The Green Greens is a great stage for Puff. I like FD too, but dunno if it fits jiggs very well. I just think it's cool to play there ;P

Aero

Smash Journeyman
GREEN GREENS?!

Oh. I see. The OLD Green Greens. The new one is terrible!

I don't usually refer to Dreamland 64 as "Green Greens". It's a good stage, but sometimes I feel like it's a little too big. Against some characters, I feel like I need to knock them off quickly and get to my edge intercepting game quickly to win. DL64 lets the opponent sort of stay at the center of the stage. Well, the sides are good, but er...

In videos, King usually counterpicks Mute City first, then DK64. Personally, I don't really like Mute City. Maybe it's because I rarely play there, so I'm not really used to it, but I've never had too much luck there. There's no edge! This is a wonderful thing for Jigglypuff, but at the same time, it doesn't let me play around on the ledge, a tactic I love to use.

I'm beginning to like DK64. It has an edge, but you can also go under the stage for other options of recovery (No worries of Marth WD'ing back and fsmashing!) It's also really big though.

Battlefield is good for quick edgeguarding, but the boundaries are smaller than DL64, MC, and DK64. -_-

RPK

Smash Lord
and might it be noted that a bad stage for jigs is onnet or however its spelt. I just dont play there often thats why so I forget >.< Place with no edges=Bad for jigs. In addition those small buildings mess up rest >.<

Metà

Smash Master
As mentioned above, MUTE CITY, but yeah, DK64, BF, and FD work well. Also, call me crazy, but I love Peach's Castle. I don't know why, but I tend to kick *** on that level.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Maybe if the Sheik doesn't play it enough. I don't see why it would be, harder to edgegaurd as lava can save her, but the horizontal ko still works just fine with her fair. I would think Brinstar is a bad choice for Sheik. Mute City is best for her imo as her upB has horrible lag when landing. DK64 and Dreamland I think would be better choices than Brinstar.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I think it's a great anti Sheik level. But that's me. <_< There really aren't ANY true anti-Sheik levels, even Mute is hard sometimes.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
The further the blastzone the better. Its also important to have a high ceiling. I don' t really worry about Jiggs offensive options that much when I pick, I focus on defense when choosing a stage. If you do play a more offensive Jiggs though then I would think Mute City is the best option.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
i hate that freaking stage. I have no idea why it isnt banned in doubles too. 0% kills like crazy in those stupid gutters.

moogle

Smash Ace
If you were playing Jiggly vs. Peach, what stage would you counterpick? The usual pro-Jiggly stages like Dreamland, DK64, and Mute City are also pro-Peach. What would you do?

KishPrime

BRoomer
I choose Fountain/Story. Pro-Jiggly stages tend to give Peach the advantage.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Well the other important thing is that on small levels she has less ability to throw turnips.

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
Someone mentioned Jungle Japes earlier, and I actually love that level with Jiggs also. The seperated part of the stage makes it to where they can't really punish you when ur moving in and out. Also, laser spam/missle spams seem easier to get around there. its not overly large and you can keep people on all of the edges of the stages pretty easily. Just seems easier to keep the pressure on there.

DYC

Smash Champion
Japes. Mute. DK 64. All the obvious ones.

I personally like playing Cruise against fast characters because they can't circle camp you.

Mr. Matic

Smash Rookie
Japes - because even the best players will suicide there...and jigs can easily get out of the water.
Story - jigs dies at low percents anyway...might as well make it easier to kill the opponent

and all the usuals...dreamland, mute, FD.....

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
I would probably say Dreamland 64 it's great as it allows Jiggs a lot of horizontal recovery space which Jigglypuff can use to his advantage.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
I personally pick Dream Land 64 because of the high ceiling and sides.

Top Bottom