• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs Solo Practice

Xenoraven

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a good solo practice routine for jiggs? SSBM tutorials doesn't cover it for her and I haven't been able to find anything else on my own beyond practicing l-cancels, fastfall timings, and sometimes rest setups.

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
The most improvement you'll get is from playing actual people. Most of the milage top puff players get is off of mixups rather than tech skill. While there are a few techniques that are imperative to learn, namely; crouch cancel grab, and wave dashing out of shield quickly (especially under laser stun) most of them can't be reliably practiced even with 20XX. So as for a "routine" .. no dice, but upthrow platform tech chases, hit confirming dair to grab/upsmash, and being able to reliably edgcancel to regain jumps have been my most useful solo improvement tools.

Uwu

Smash Rookie
The most improvement you'll get is from playing actual people. Most of the milage top puff players get is off of mixups rather than tech skill.
This. Although you should practice all essential movement like wavedashing/landing, dash dancing, OoS options, shffling, and of course the most powerful tech in the game, Sing ledge grab.

However you should also practice go-to puff combos on CPUs. Drill - grab, up throw - rest, up throw - up air - regrab. And also get the CPU off stage and practice edge guarding them.

Top Bottom