• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs moves ?

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
hey i kinda just strated using jiggs and i wanna know the best ways to get a good rest other than an up throw or down to rest ?........ also is sleep to rest ever a good combo cuz i found it 2 work some times in close matches.?

Corin

Smash Lord
sleep to rest? God no. Advanced players won't stay asleep for more than a second, leaving you totally vulnerable.

Apart from that, Rest is never a good attack to use anyways, as it will leave you defenceless if you miss, or if you're dodged. In a close match, you'd be f*cked, to put it mildly.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
i get what ur sayin and all but i ve seen rest used by killaor and king .....is that only like 1 rest 4 like 100 matches ? and if u use sleep when the oppent has high damage its really hard 2 wake up but if every one says that both resting and sleeping should basicly never be used ill believe it

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure sarcasm is lost on the boards soo... in order to prevent a new jiggly boi from getting the wrong idea...
this statment was meant to convey that i was saying the previous statment in a non serious tone... Rest is easily Jiggs best move, and it is what makes her high tier.

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
sleep to rest is only going to work if you do a ledge cancelled sleep (hang on the ledge, drop, jump, sing, catch ledge again) and that is to be used super sparingly. Definitely caught my cousin with it once though

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
its just a fact rest isnt always necessary and its true, like shiek you can pull of a combo like pound (upwards) up air, then some back airs if he DI's wrongly.

-pound to rest, try make the pound just slightly hit, its easier to rest
-u air to rest (using c stick) i find this usually good against fast fallers and marth
-f air to rest usually destroys the iceys, because nana dies, or they both do
-d air to rest..indeed stylish but prob one of the most annoying to pull off due to the lag and the way it hits
-n air to rest, you have to use a n air late in the shuffle to pull this off without it being blocked or dodged, getting used to the % push from it too can be tricky (including diff char's weights)
-up tilt to rest, you can also pull this off after back air, or f air/n air through them, usually sets up a nice rest and is a good mindgame (not to be spammed though)
-sleep to rest.. id say aggrevate your opponent into following you off the edge randomly, during a random match
-pound to b air to rest, sometimes work depending on the DI of the pound and the way it hits, and if the opponent DI's into your back air then you got a nice rest set up and usually enough % to instant kill

Great counter picks for jigglypuff is usually annoying stages like Mute City (use rollout to edgeguard, it *****) and Rainbow Cruise (so much air space and hit under platforms)
also consider spacing is very important with every char, especially jigglypuff..wrong spacing can lead to **** from fox/other chars usually by up smash moves and deadly combos. And DI is very key too, jiggz's DI can be amazing can survive to annoying %'s
Another trick thats great to learn is the smash DI trick, to do this is hold both sticks down and tech just when the move hits, this can be used to save you from up smashes or other moves at high % when you miss a rest..but this trick can also work on other chars.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Anytime you can do 25 free damage, or KO an opponent at low %'s then rest is your atk. There is almost never a better option than rest if you can hit it.. what else are you gonna do instead?? Nair *laughs to self*

Elen

Smash Lord
If your at a relatively low percent you can CC to rest. Don't overuse it though you'll just end up with a ton of damage.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
why crouch cancel rest when you can shield to rest and not take any damage at all. And the guy who was talking about the tech after using a rest, its not like that, you hold c stick towards the wall, floor, or platform to tech off of, and you hold the joystick in the direction perpendicular to the direction you fly off in on the side of the wall / floor.

pdk

Smash Lord
sleep to rest is perhaps the worst thing you can do (both lame and easily punished even if sleep works), air combos or throws into rest are win though (granted you have to make sure you're not over a pit or something when you rest)

Top Bottom