• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs is Back!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I've been a Jigglypuff main since Melee and stuck with her throughout Brawl, so hearing that our adorable pink puffball has been beefed up in Smash 4 has left me nothing short of overjoyed. Her overall damage output increased, back-air buffed, down-air now linking properly, up-air regaining its former speed, REST BUFFED, the list goes on.. Jiggs certainly looks to be extremely promising in this iteration, and I'm amazingly thrilled! :chuckle:

That said, I decided to compile some key differences to her moveset that we know of so far:

https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

Back Air seems to have increased damage (consistently doing 13% now) and heavily increased knockback! When Jiggs hits Kirby for the second time in the GIF, he was only at 53%! I repeat, 53%. With her great aerial mobility and offstage game in combination with this incredible knockback, just imagine all the offstage pressure you can apply and how easily she'll be able to net early kills.. Smash 4 seems to emphasize aerial edgeguarding quite a bit, and Jiggs is evidently no slouch at dishing out high-knockback attacks near the blast zone.

Up Air is much, much faster than Brawl. As of now, not much has been tested in regards to her combo ability, though it seems like this move would be great for linking from a down-throw or other moves with hitstun/less knockback, or perhaps even setting up for a Rest like it did in Melee!

Rest. REST. Just.. look at that hitbox in the first GIF. Need I say more? Aside from that, the killing potential of Rest appears to be somewhere in the middle of Brawl and Melee, as have quite a few elements from this game have been. Kirby is killed off the top with no problem at 64%, though this also needs more testing. One would imagine that he still would've been KO'd at a lower percent judging by how fast the knockback was.

All in all, I'm very hyped for her improvements from Brawl; I know she'll be one of my mains regardless. :)
Let me know if you guys discover anything from various gameplay footage of Jiggs.

Spirst

Whoa, that b-air knockback and rest hitbox are insane. Looks like Jigglypuff can reliably kill now with a fresh b-air. I wonder what her f-air knockback is like in this game since that usually had more than the b-air in previous iterations.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
One other change to her moveset I've seen is that Pound has very little forward momentum anymore. No word yet on whether or not you can still do rising Pounds.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
One other change to her moveset I've seen is that Pound has very little forward momentum anymore. No word yet on whether or not you can still do rising Pounds.
I believe you're right, it's kind've an unfortunate change.. I suppose everything else compensates for it though. As an offensive move, I do recall seeing it have enough hitstun to combo into another move. (the streamer I saw was able to Pound into Pound)

I'm not 100% sure about this but some of her ground moves seemed a bit faster too!
I definitely remember her forward smash being faster than in Brawl. Thank Arceus.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just saw the Wall of Pain being performed on ZeRo's stream against a ZSS with F-Air if anyone was wondering how that move is doing. Looked really easy to perform too, not like a Brawl Wall where you basically just chase and predict them, he just completely forced her out, very Melee-esque. She was on 20-30% iirc.

Last edited:

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
So now it's Fair for combos and Bair is a kill move, uh ! Kind of a role switch, interesting o:

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

... 0.0

Nevermind what I said about edgeguarding with that high knockback backair.. just flat out KILL with it instead! Aside from that, upair to Rest CONFIRMED! I cannot express how glad I am to see that in action! I wonder what other combos and Rest setups she'll have..

I'm callin' it, Jiggs will be high tier.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
ugh i can't wait till next month. i need this game NOW. seems like she'll have an even easier time killing Ness and Mac players.

I also wanna kill Pacman and Megaman players.

does she do well against sword users or no?

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Seeing the videos floating around here (Smashboards in general), I'm 100% on the side of the high tier or better calls. I've been playing the demo for 8-10 hours and the only thing I constantly find myself wishing for is better horizontal air speed. Jigglypuff has that and all the best close-range tools: combos, spammable aerials, KO moves, and lagless attacks.

So hyped. :D

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I'm so hyped to play her! She's been my secondary in every game and I love how she looks. Looks so shiny and gorgeous ;-;! I'm so happy her bair and rest look better. Her sing actually looks useful this game, it's range is MUCH farther and makes them asleep longer. Everything about her is just so perfect. >_<

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I was worried that she wasn't gonna return but I'm glad Jigglypuff is back because she is one of my favorite characters.

Shog

Smash Ace
Damn Jigglypuff isn't only much more adorable, but looks awesome as hell!! I am really hyped to play as her with the N64 Ribbon. ... I just noticed that it got a Red Ribbon...

No wonder she's buffed hehe(and also first game I call her she instead of it. Feels weird :O)

Top Bottom