• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggly's down tilt

furinto

Smash Rookie
So I've seen Hungrybox use Jigglypuff's d-tilt to edge-guard a few times, but otherwise I almost never see this move used.

I hardly use it intentionally as it's so easily punished, and it often reminds me to be more sparing with Jiggs's ground game.

How do you all use her d-tilt? I don't see much of Jiggly in PM on the youtubes, so it'd be great to get some examples of how it's used best situationally.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Puff's jab, dtilt, and ftilt are all pretty much useless. Sure you can attempt a jab>grab but that only works if you jab an airborne opponent. Dsmash could be used if you want to pretend to be fox/falco, but I would much rather just go offstage to get the job done. Fsmash is only for hard punishes in the case where a rest isn't required. Puff has the most useless moves of any character and is unlikely to change.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Puff's jab, dtilt, and ftilt are all pretty much useless. Sure you can attempt a jab>grab but that only works if you jab an airborne opponent. Dsmash could be used if you want to pretend to be fox/falco, but I would much rather just go offstage to get the job done. Fsmash is only for hard punishes in the case where a rest isn't required. Puff has the most useless moves of any character and is unlikely to change.
She didn't necessarily need those in Melee. Honestly the only buff that could make Jiggs godd again would be nerfing other character's recoveries

0RLY

Just like how Fox doesn't need fair or Sheik doesn't need chain. Nerfs are never appreciated. Buffing puff just increases the fear that puff will gain more ways to set up a rest. Rest is so overcentralizing in puff's moveset that it makes her difficult to buff without the risk of making her broken. At the very least, I would like to see puff become less of a kirby clone with all her tilts being identical.

SoulPech

Smash Master
you could throw out dtilt for fun, as well as make your opponent say "why the **** did you use that move?" or "mistake?" and you just tell them "NOPE!"

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Is F-tilt really a bad move? Why? I always thought it was really quick and easy to use whenever you ended up on the ground.

D-tilt is downright horrible though.

Last edited:

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Is F-tilt really a bad move? Why? I always thought it was really quick and easy to use whenever you ended up on the ground.

D-tilt is downright horrible though.
It has awful range and very little reward for landing it. The move is bad, simply cause almost every option is better than forward tilt

JackDarkStone

Smash Rookie
It's only ever good if you're in a pinch and absolutely cannot quickly get in the air to do any other attack [f tilt]. But I can't think of a situation were jumping isn't an option.

Mizter Ultimaman

Smash Cadet
Jab is used in jab resets. D-smash could work on an opponent that likes to roll a lot (covers both spotdodge and roll options). Sometimes when I'm in a MM and get cautious, even if it's something like a broken shield, I still F-smash, just to be safe.

0RLY

@ Mizter Ultimaman Mizter Ultimaman I guess if your opponent fails to tech right next to you, they deserve to get punished by jab reset to rest. To be fair, everyone can jab reset and Puff has the least range on hers. Puff is not nearly wide or ranged enough for her dsmash to cover spot dodge and roll. Even if she could, the reward is minimal and significantly less from just jumping and baiting the dodge into an appropriate aerial.

SoulPech

Smash Master
agree with ORLY. Most of her tilts are useless. I know in brawl dtilt tripped (but then again so did just moving), but you mostly don't want to use any of her tilts that's not utilt.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
If you crouch something but you're not close enough to guarantee a Rest, dtilt is usually safe. That's something, right?

Top Bottom