• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff's Sing counters Flare Blitz

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Pretty cool. Too bad you can't rest someone who is stunned or sleeping (I'm pretty sure).

Last edited:

Droogaon

Smash Rookie
I would love to see this more in effect. This would be a new (not bad, but definitely not good) way to edge guard or set up rests.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
Pretty cool. Too bad you can't rest someone who is stunned or sleeping (I'm pretty sure).
Rest? You can rest anyone who is in a state where they aren't inul. Sleeping foes can be hit by it(make sure your hitbox is touching them though 'less you put yourself to sleep with the opponent waking up)

This is interesting, is it just me or is sings hitbox bigger? I went to punish a singing jiggs with a Fair(didnt want to risk missing jump in rest) so I ran up but fell asleep where the animation for sing wasnt touching.
Also I'll try this out vs other charge in moves but since I don't have a second copy I can't "test" it. Though I'm sure they need to be on the ground since sing only works on grounded foes.

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, sing hitbox is larger. They can probably hit you with charge moves in between sing hitboxes being out though, unless it's a constant hitbox in smash 4 (which I kind of doubt)

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
Someone try this on ike, cfalcon, and lil Mac.

Droogaon

Smash Rookie
Pound is a very good move to break shields (as always) but I often use it for comboing into rest.

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
I just had little mac slide through me asleep, so it definitely works for him too.
Slide? haymaker or neutral b? haymaker seems like it'd need proper spacing since he's airborne('less he's considered on the ground the entire time...which would be odd)

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
I played around with this for a while yesterday against different characters and it was inconsistent against all of them. Seemed to be that pulsating hitbox issue that was mentioned.

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
It was his neutral b. Actually kinda curious if the haymaker is even considered grounded.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I would assume not considering how many For Glory players bound off the edge with it

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I am testing which moves this does and doesn't work on. I'll post finding in the next few days

Top Bottom