• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Visits Onett

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, does anyone else enjoy playing as Jigglypuff on Onett?

I ask because, at first glance, Onett doesn't seem like the type of stage that Jigglypuff would excel on. However on Wi-Fi I've yet to lose a match with Jigglypuff on the stage. A few positive points:

- The periodically passing cars tend to help guide the action onto the platforms and roofs, areas where your enemies are easy to pelt from all directions with aerials.
- Interesting rollout paths. After learning where you can roll from what points, you can surprise your enemies by plowing into them from an unexpected point. Stages like the Bridge of Eden and Final Destination make your path to predicable to hit effectively, but in Onett I've taken down many, many enemies as they're jumping in midair to approach me.
- Excellent evasion tactics. With a house on either side of the stage with a valley in between, Onett is an excellent place for Jigglypuff to stay out of the heat when the going gets tough. Simply floating from one rooftop to the other can really save your hide when you're at 160% damage and you've got a pack of three angry players hot on your heels. With a bit of luck they'll end up damaging each other trying to get to you.

If you have yet to give Onett a go with Jigglypuff, I highly encourage you give it a shot. You might just like it. XP

1HKO

Smash Apprentice
I do like it it's just either going to be a counterpick or banned from tourneys and it isn't quite as good for Jiggly as some of the other stages in the same predicament. Unless it becomes a counterpick and it is a favored counterpick by one or two other characters then I will practice on it.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It sort of sounds like your putting it in an FFA perspective. In tournaments there are only 1v1 and 2v2, so most of those options like a non predictable rollout and running away aren't going to really help in a tournament where there is only 1 other person instead of 3.

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
... those options... aren't going to really help in a tournament where there is only 1 other person instead of 3.
That's a very valid point. My thoughts mainly cover a general setting; for me 1v1 is just one aspect of a really wonderful game. In a 1v1 setting a Jigglypuff player will lose some of it's options on Onett, plus the walk-off sides don't really make the best use of Jigglypuff's recovery ability. That being said, I still feel that the stage's layout really takes advantage of Jigglypuff's aerial abilities.

Top Bottom