• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff used rest! But nothing happened...

Lyric

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one that feels that Puff's rest isn't like it was in melee? In melee I could smack people with it all the time, but in PM I feel like it should be hitting, but it doesn't, and when it does, I feels like it shouldn't have. Has anything changed, or am I just being really weird? I want to get my rest back on.

Lyric

Smash Rookie
Ok thanks, maybe it's just the visuals that are throwing me off, with that spark and everything.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of rest:

Does uthrow>rest work on anyone aside from spacies?
Who is dthrow>rest guaranteed on?
How exactly does jab reset>rest work?

My apologies for the questions, but I recently switched over from brawl and need to understand how P:M Puff works.

tripwire

Smash Journeyman
I'd imagine Up-throw>Rest works on all the fast fallers. Like Diddy, Lucas, Cpt.Falcon. I'm pretty sure Down-throw>Rest only works with bad DI. Jab reset Rest is pretty much literal. Jab them on the ground they get up then Rest. I'm pretty sure you have to wait a split second because of the invincibility they receive when standing up.

Also is it just me or do jab reset not work everytime?

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of rest:

Does uthrow>rest work on anyone aside from spacies?
Who is dthrow>rest guaranteed on?
How exactly does jab reset>rest work?

My apologies for the questions, but I recently switched over from brawl and need to understand how P:M Puff works.
uthrow rest ONLY works on spacies. it doesnt work on the rest of the fast fallers. dthrow rest will work on almost anyone except floaties that is with little or no di which can be fairly hard to get since her dthrow animation is so long anyone should have time to react to it. and i had a little trouble with jab reset-rest combo for awhile then i just practiced. best way i can describe it is hit them nair,bair etc. jab them. (next part is all while they are getting up) and run into them until the point where you see them being pushed by your body. then you have to short hop towards them and rest. because the hitbox is almost inside her...also to see jab reset at its best watch hungrybox in melee. he usually does it atleast once a match.

jruzzin

Smash Cadet
I feel like part of the problem is probably just that you're fighting new characters. Different moves, different sizes, can be tricky to adjust to.

SoulPech

Smash Master
WHAT!? This is why Project M needs a good changelog >.<

So can you map uptaint to Y/X? I only use one of those! Let's seeee!
Thread Revival!

Changing moves was something that was in Brawl. You can map your moves differently, turn off tap jump when you use the Control Stick, and all that fun stuff.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure he just didn't know that taunts are the new footstool. The fact that he even mentioned rebinding controls tells me that he knew it was possible, but he didn't know if you could rebind taunt buttons.

Top Bottom