• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Trials

s_cube

Your favorite Smasher
Maybe some of you have seen the "Trial" videos of Marth, Falco and Sheik before.
(can't post a link to it, but you can easily find it on youtube I think)

These videos show you character-specific techskill that is important when playing that character and I really do like the concept of it, because it teaches you how to imply certain techskill you may already know about to the character you want to play.

But since there is none for Jiggx yet I was wondering what Tech you would include in such a guide (please give a small explanation of it as well).
- or if you think it isn't really necessary for Jiggx because spacing, airgame etc. is much more important than execution of certain techs.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Use the 20xx hack pack to practice spacing bairs, fairs against shield to avoid shield grab and nair oos. Practice the timing to bair in the middle of fox and falco's up b so you NEVER mess it up if you know what angle they are going for. I just wish there was a way to practice jab resets...

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
What exactly do you mean by practicing jab resets.

You can just plug in a controller and dthrow an unreactive player and then jab reset them lol.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Maybe some of you have seen the "Trial" videos of Marth, Falco and Sheik before.
(can't post a link to it, but you can easily find it on youtube I think)

These videos show you character-specific techskill that is important when playing that character and I really do like the concept of it, because it teaches you how to imply certain techskill you may already know about to the character you want to play.

But since there is none for Jiggx yet I was wondering what Tech you would include in such a guide (please give a small explanation of it as well).
- or if you think it isn't really necessary for Jiggx because spacing, airgame etc. is much more important than execution of certain techs.
I'll give it a shot:

1. Recover under FD twice(from ledge to ledge)

2. Reverse Bair x5 (for every jump)

3. Stay airborne for 3 minutes in Kongo Jungle 64. (No ledgegrabbing)

4. Kill 10 shyguys on Yoshi Story.

5. Platform ledge cancel all aerials.

6. Crouch > WD through Pokemon Stadium twice.

7. Up smash OoS, Dash > JC up smash and WD Oos 10 times in a row.

8. Ledgehop sing regrab > *make Fox sleep* > ledge hop > rest.

9. Target test: pound and sing into the hotboxes and tech them. 5 times in a row each.

10. Sing hug 5 times in a row. (dash off ledge and up B WITHOUT double jumping)

Last edited:

burntfish44

Smash Cadet
Stuff with up b stalling on ledge - keep in mind you can grab ledge if its behind you if you up b
Drop down, jump up and up b sweetspot ledge
Drop away from ledge, then jump back up towards stage up b sweetspot
Utilt or utilt x2 rest
Upthrow rest at low/higher % on spacies
Wavedash rest, normal and oos
Pounding or fairing or w/e to clank projectilesj
Fair edge camping, as in holding the edge, drop off jump up fair move back grab ledge
Simple one would be duck under grab, wd away then dash back n grab or bair
Consistent drill l cancel grabs
Jump off fair/bair spacey channeling up b
Nair l cancel fsmash is another simple one
Jab reset rest but its hard to practice
For the lols: spacey is on last stock and channeling up b, jump down drill him out of it, then drill the 2nd attempt, and so on, all the way into the abyss

Last edited:
Top Bottom