• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Training

seven7seven

Smash Rookie
Hello I am a player who is new to jigglypuff and hoping to get better and take on jigglypuff as my main. I just got into the game so I am not very good with the advanced techniques(I can do them but I find it very hard to implement them into my game. I as wondering if anyone had some sort of training program or something like a practice list of some kind to help with learning the different moves and learning to play as jigglypuff in like hour blocks or something like that. If anyone has any advice towards practicing or just a certain jigglypuff skill I should work on that will help my game the most it would be super helpful. Thanks!

Massive

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff does not require an enormous amount of tech skill to play correctly, but instead requires very precise spacing that you might not be able to get by practicing on your own.

Things you can practice by yourself that are very helpful are: recovering from anywhere, wavedashing out of shield, wavelanding after aerials, uthrow>rest on spacies, ledgehogging, and chasing off stage.

Some of these might require a bit of research (especially if you're new).

I posted a rudimentary framework a while ago that might be able to ease you into more advanced gameplay. Some of the stuff isn't as applicable to jiggs but it is a decent order to follow. Check it out.

Last edited:

IceyBeef

The Supreme Beef Lord
3DS FC
5069-4117-1821
I was once a fox player and realized Im too slow to play with him so I gave jiggs a try. I am currently playing him and I realized something. You want to always do a lot of bairs. When your off the cliff always do mindgames to get back on and get them out there. For the rest, I cannot stand a jiggs player that spams it and cant make it. When you need to do a rest you have to be sure that your going to make it or than its a lose of a stock. Other than that all the tips I have is keep practicing and "Just Dont get hit". :D

Top Bottom