• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff stage preferences?

pkhaxorz

Smash Rookie
I know that I'm always supposed to take the fight to dreamland(or mango land, as I've heard it called), if I can, but what what are feelings on other stages with relation to the matchups?

Dreamland quite simply is going to be banned 95% of the time.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I thought YS was _really bad_ for me in general because of really close blast zones?
Really curious, what's the logic here? Really new.
It may sound illogical at first, but it's true.

Fox's goal in the matchup is to run away and camp you out with lasers until he can kill you off a grab or usmash. Dealing with this is incredibly difficult for Puff. While Dreamland is usually good for many reason, it only strengthens this part of his game while Puff doesn't really get to enjoy the blastzones too much because Fox still kills us stupid early.

In YS yes, you do die very easily, but rest is always a kill, edgeguarding is easier and Fox doesn't have much room to run away, he has to fight you.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I personally like Battlefield and FoD. Somehow I've survived to 200% against a Falco on FoD in tournament so I feel like it's probably pretty good. Also the height of the stage is helpful in surviving. Battlefield is just a personal preference.

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
Against Fox pick YS. Most won't expect it since they ban DL.
I would qualify that. Maybe counterpick YS if you're getting camped, but even then I'd say FoD is better. Blastzones are still close on the sides so rest still kills 90% of the time, higher blastzones so up smash and up air don't kill at stupidly early %'s, and the platforms can mess up their camping game.

mirror_eclipse

Smash Rookie
Against Fox pick YS. Most won't expect it since they ban DL.
Agreed as well. While DL's farther blast lines grant Puff a lease on life, YS allows for earlier wall kills and low-percent rests, alongside being a very good option against campy spacies.

Massive

Smash Champion
This is my personal list of stage preferences against the 6 most common characters I end up playing against. I have an aggressive/impatient playstyle most times so my choices tend to reflect that.

Fox

Preferred
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
Avoid
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Dreamland 64
  • Final destination
Falco
Preferred
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Dreamland 64
Avoid
  • Pokemon Stadium
Marth
Preferred
  • Dreamland 64
  • Final destination
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams
Avoid
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Yoshi's Story
Sheik
Preferred

• Dreamland 64
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
Avoid
  • Pokemon stadium
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
Captain Falcon
Preferred
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams
Avoid
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Dreamland 64
  • Final Destination
Peach
Preferred
  • Yoshi's Story
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams
Avoid
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Dreamland 64
  • Final Destination
I am happy to elaborate on my thought process for any of these choices, but I think most of them are pretty obvious.

mirror_eclipse

Smash Rookie
man Massive, you really hate PS. lol
Being relatively new to competitive, might I ask if Puffs universally avoid PS and why?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Personally I love Stadium but I wouldn't say it's one of Puff's better stages. Especially against characters that can camp Puff, it can be a tough stage to fight on.

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
man Massive, you really hate PS. lol
Being relatively new to competitive, might I ask if Puffs universally avoid PS and why?
PS is generally a bad Puff stage for its low blastzone, length (it's one of the best stages for projectile camping), and transformations. In my opinion, Peach is the only top tier MU where a Puff could justifiably want to go to PS. Puff has better tools for killing off the top than Peach does, turnip camping isn't really a strong strategy against Puff, and the transformations don't do much for Peach as long as you stay away from the fox hole.

Top Bottom