• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Social Thread

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
Jiggs is so cute :3
Sure, if you look on the outside... But on the inside, there is unblinking homicidal rage that can only be quenched by the destruction of the earth.

--

Has anyone had success in the Toon Link match-up? I honestly can't for the life of me take him out reliably. He's semi-floaty so Rest is hard to hit, he's fast and quick hitting... Even though he has a bad recovery I still can't find a way through it... And the boomerangs...

If I had to guess, I'd say that TL/Jiggs is one of the worst match-ups that Jiggs has. Possibly one of the worst match-up discrepancies in the game.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Sure, if you look on the outside... But on the inside, there is unblinking homicidal rage that can only be quenched by the destruction of the earth.

--

Has anyone had success in the Toon Link match-up? I honestly can't for the life of me take him out reliably. He's semi-floaty so Rest is hard to hit, he's fast and quick hitting... Even though he has a bad recovery I still can't find a way through it... And the boomerangs...

If I had to guess, I'd say that TL/Jiggs is one of the worst match-ups that Jiggs has. Possibly one of the worst match-up discrepancies in the game.
There was a great one with Hungrybox from Apex, but I can't find it on the youtubes.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Dear self

Why, whenever do you play as Jigglypuff, AND have your character in the air from the up-air do you NOT take the bait and hit him with the rest?!

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Because you want to hit him with another up air
Well, on the game I did decide to play Puff (this is vs Falcon), I hit him with two up airs (we were both on our last stocks and we were about 70%), but I must've suddenly hesitated and thus lost the opportunity to put him to sleep. Well, I suppose I better cue your reaction to my post:

Yeah, I do like to self deprecate myself.

GeZ

Smash Lord
So what do you guys think of ledgehop rest? My combo and gimp game are lukewarm now so I'm focusing on them, but I've got a pretty good facility for landing rest. What are your guys favorite setups?

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
So what do you guys think of ledgehop rest? My combo and gimp game are lukewarm now so I'm focusing on them, but I've got a pretty good facility for landing rest. What are your guys favorite setups?
My favourite is I guess mostly everyone's favourite. The standard Down air to up tilt and then rest. Though if I'm feeling risky and my beard suddenly gets thick, ambush them by hitting the rest while they're on the platform.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Also, any general ideas on how to deal with ultra-aggro Fox just like my bro's?
Aggro Fox are better than campy fox. If you keep out a wall of bairs, they have to play more cautious than normal. My friend plays an aggro fox and I notice that staying center stage and doing the double bair works well. If you can shield any of their approaches, like a dair shine or nair shine, you can get upthrow rest assuming that this aggressive fox won't have time to react.

Overall, against an aggro fox, keep a lot of hitboxes out and play center stage if you are at a good percent to uthrow rest.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Aggro Fox are better than campy fox. If you keep out a wall of bairs, they have to play more cautious than normal. My friend plays an aggro fox and I notice that staying center stage and doing the double bair works well. If you can shield any of their approaches, like a dair shine or nair shine, you can get upthrow rest assuming that this aggressive fox won't have time to react.

Overall, against an aggro fox, keep a lot of hitboxes out and play center stage if you are at a good percent to uthrow rest.
So more back airs is what you're getting at, right?

Top Bottom