• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Social Thread

Vashimus

Smash Master
Jiggs is pretty much Melee Jiggs. Nothing much to discuss there.

What's really hurting her are the Brawl newcomers and the buffed Melee vets. I don't think she's prepared be able to handle them all. Especially since some Brawl characters have recoveries that are pretty hard to stop, like Ike's Aether.

iLink

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff's bair can hit Ike out of the spin part of Aether, just sayin.

iLink

Smash Champion
I did it more then once in 2.1

It was actually a lot easier to hit him out of it then it looks. I would even do it with falco or shiek's ftilt.

:phone:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Wow. That pun gave me cancer.

lol.

I dont think she has any more of a ground game than she has in Melee. I'm kinda sure she still has her DACUS, but I havnt been able to do it, but I rarely play her so I haven't tried many times.

Smash Rookie
Rest assure, her forward smash isn't too bad, and I think dtilt has some uses. But you should still go into the air, either way. Her air game isn't fair : D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well then, since she still has her DACUS, that means she can do Dthrow > DACUS in this game, which is neat and helps her grab game out.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Melee jiggs main here...am I the only one that feels like she's been severely...I unno...nerfed? She just doesn't feel right, heavier and less drifty.

I don't know, she feels wrong for some reason, i jumped into melee and it felt much better. I dunno.

OPTKeyo

Smash Rookie
I get that a bit too. Her movement and attacks feel a little off. But I feel this way in Project M for all of the characters I play in Melee haha.

Also, they didn't bring the crown back! :(

Vashimus

Smash Master
I felt the movement is a little off as well, but I assumed I was just going crazy. But I'm so used to it right now, I feel it's too late for me to turn back and ask the PMBR WTF.

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Yo I quit puff in Pm already because of this. Is that what they wanted me to do? Preserve their melee by discouraging puff players? lol

but srsly it does feel a bit off, puff's timing in melee already requires a slight delay for FF and stuff, now it feels like it requires more on top of that. The mod is still cool as **** and I'd like to hear HBox's opinions on it since he seems to have stuck with her and still do fairly well in tournaments, maybe I am just crazy? If not, I would like for PMBR to put it on the backburner at least to take a second look.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Well son. When two Pokemon love each other very much... I imagine you can replace one of the Pokemon with yourself.

Otherwise, learn to bair, and different rest situations such as falling uair, weak nair, bair, shield, CC.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
lol not viable. If your lucky you'll once in a blue moon manage to sing cancel someone dumb at the ledge.

You're better off utilt,uthrow,uair,usmash even into rest.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
i get most of my rest from tech chasing. watch for the rolls. then u have jab resets. and even dthrow can work sometimes depending on damage and di

GeZ

Smash Lord
I'm pretty new to jiggs and I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the different applications for Fair vs Bair? and how to chain Bairs for those sweet as hell, long ass, gimps? And when is it a good time to go for Utilt? I always see it used with killer results but it's got a heck of a lot of startup.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty new to jiggs and I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the different applications for Fair vs Bair? and how to chain Bairs for those sweet as hell, long ***, gimps? And when is it a good time to go for Utilt? I always see it used with killer results but it's got a heck of a lot of startup.
I would suggest approaching with bair. make the bair wall by short hopping and getting out 2 bairs and not approaching completely because of the range it has. bair has the range of marths sword so use that to the fullest. you can usually out wait your opponent just by using bair until there is an opening. for fair it is usually better for tech chasing because it easier to use when someone is trying to roll away or get up since you dont have to worry about turning yourself before striking. also fair has a weak hit that can lead to other moves unlike bair at HIGH percents. but bair has more range and less lag time so use them how you please.

for the long bair chains aka "the hbox" it depends on the character and the situation. most of the time for fast fallers when you bair them off the stage you should be able to hit them with another bair without jumping then most likely you should have to jump for the next bair. For characters who fall at medium speeds most of the time when you first bair them off the stage you will have to jump and immediately bair as soon as you hit the jump button. and for the floatey characters you will always have to jump to connect your bairs. you bair jump and at the top of your jump you bair again. remember these bair chains dont work at medium to high percents and the more floatey the character the lower the percent they can escape. but the main victims to this our fast fallers, especially spacies (fox,falco,wolf).

and for utilt im guessing you mean killer results as utilt rest. When you are doing the bair wall (as i mentioned above), if you continously do the bair wall your opponent will never expect that you will actually go all the way into them since you are always using that range. but every now and then just switch it up and go all the way into them with a bair. and go so far in that you land behind them so that they really shouldnt be able to punish you without being lucky or expecting it.and once you land behind them then hit them with utilt. then after one utilt you should be able to rest them off it. just need the reaction time. with fast-fallers though they may hit the ground before you can even jump for the rest.after around like 30-40 percent they should be hurt enough that it will be perfect.

hopefully all this helps. if you need help with hitting rests just post on here and i can put down a bunch of techniques for hitting it.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Tbh you should ask this in the non pm jiggs thread. You won't really get many jiggs mains here. You can find more info on your options there.

Bair does not have the range of Marths sword. Don't be hungrybox, all of jiggs aerials are great and have different uses in different MUs. Actually, even hbox uses all of them very well. If you stick to just bair they'll bait you, nair is good for poking or getting through their dd game. fair is a great move for the same uses as bair. It comes out faster and stays out longer, some people will punish this but in some match ups its a lot better as a spacing tool.

Honestly, practice against lvl 1s and you'll get those bair chains.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
Tbh you should ask this in the non pm jiggs thread. You won't really get many jiggs mains here. You can find more info on your options there.

Bair does not have the range of Marths sword. Don't be hungrybox, all of jiggs aerials are great and have different uses in different MUs. Actually, even hbox uses all of them very well. If you stick to just bair they'll bait you, nair is good for poking or getting through their dd game. fair is a great move for the same uses as bair. It comes out faster and stays out longer, some people will punish this but in some match ups its a lot better as a spacing tool.

Honestly, practice against lvl 1s and you'll get those bair chains.
all of her aerials are good i would not say great. and fair is not as good as bair for very simple reasons when it comes to spacing. it is not a better spacing tool because bair has a heck of alot more range than fair and although it does come out quicker, in no way is bair a slow move, but you counter argued yourself and some of the things i was saying when you said fair stays out longer. why do ONE fair and have to get closer in a short hop, when you can keep a longer distance with bair and be able to whip out TWO bairs in a short hop. not only can you do 2 bairs in a short hop but you can also do a bair and uair/nair in a short hop. why space with fair when you can keep your range and any good opponent will easily grab you out of fair. all good opponents will, i play against alot of them. and i didnt say be hbox, but why not look at what he does and take some of that because it does work. he is easily the greatest jiggs of all time and recently beat mango again about 3 weeks ago. and you can also watch and see that he does double the amount of bairs than any other aerial because it is the most efficient with range and overall speed. and i also didnt say to stick to bair, i was answering his questions about bair vs fair and long bair strings.

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
Even though this thread is kind of dead (May 29? Wow.) I had a quick question - Is D-Air applicable in many situations? Maybe its just because I'm having trouble with the timing for l-canceling, but I can't seem to find any situation where its useful.

Also social question - Costume of choice? I go for either Green Headband or Pokemon Trainer Hat

SoulPech

Smash Master
Dair can be good to combo into usmash at like...120%. can also be good to cross up on shield when opponent is on shield. i don't use it too much either.

I use fairy wings.

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
Is it weird that Dair is one of my favorite moves visually? I really wanted it to have a consistently viable application. I somehow managed to hit a Falco out of Up-B without taking any damage. A bit situational, I guess. Just a bit.

Also my emerging rest game is probably going to end up losing me friends... :/

GeZ

Smash Lord
Rest is the friendship killer. When I picked up Jiggz my friends became convinced that she was the perfect character to show the disparity between our abilities, which in some ways was true.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or is Jigglypuff underwhelming? She doesn't seem to have many good matchups and seems to have a hell of a lot of bad ones.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I still feel it's because everyone else is so much better that it overshadows Jiggs' utilities. As for bad Matchups, I feel she has one horrible MU (Fox) but everyone else is either in their favor slightly, even, or slightly in jiggs' favor. I feel she's Mid tier at best.

Azotal

Smash Cadet
The thing about Jiggs though is that slightly outplaying your opponent will almost always result in a win, just because of the WOP and rest combos that can shift the tide strongly into your favor. I feel like it's unfair to throw puff into a tier when the better puff players can consistently beat some of the better characters she is supposed to lose against. Her win/loss, to me, seems random enough to me to make it almost impossible to tell whether most fights are in her favor or not. But since she can fight everyone pretty evenly or is considered "better" than other characters, if you had to place her, wouldn't that put her pretty high?

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
The thing about Jiggs though is that slightly outplaying your opponent will almost always result in a win, just because of the WOP and rest combos that can shift the tide strongly into your favor. I feel like it's unfair to throw puff into a tier when the better puff players can consistently beat some of the better characters she is supposed to lose against. Her win/loss, to me, seems random enough to me to make it almost impossible to tell whether most fights are in her favor or not. But since she can fight everyone pretty evenly or is considered "better" than other characters, if you had to place her, wouldn't that put her pretty high?
What you say can literally apply to all characters. Outplaying your opponent with any character can result in a win. And most great players of any character can tip the scales towards their favor even in sour matchups.

Azotal

Smash Cadet
What you say can literally apply to all characters. Outplaying your opponent with any character can result in a win. And most great players of any character can tip the scales towards their favor even in sour matchups.
I agree that outplaying the opponent tips the scale towards any character's favor. What I meant by my comment was that it's easier as puff because you can do it when they're at 0% with one combo or one move. So maybe outplaying isn't the right word, but I'm not sure what is. Basically, get a rest off early, even a lucky rest, and the game becomes very heavily in your favor. Other characters don't have moves that are AS scale-tipping as that one.

Top Bottom