• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Neutral Game

42nd

Smash Cadet
Hello,

I am making this thread to brain storm about puff's neutral game. I am a very rest heavy jigglypuff. I struggle greatly with my game outside of rest setups. I try to analyze my play and I feel that my neutral game is lacking. I basically rely on gimmicks to grab to rest/edgeguard to get me by. I realize when i play a much more neutral heavy person, i get smothered in neutral and im not sure what puff can do in these situations. I know this is super broad, but its basically a brainstorm session with me and you guys. If you have any tips/tricks that fellow puffs have used to develop a better neutral feel free to share.

42nd

Smash Cadet
i guess i'll be more specific. My worst MU is Samus. Ik it is surprising to most jigglypuff mains, but I dont have those characters readily available to practice against. Fellow jigglypuff mains, what would you advise with this matchup? I always just get missile camped and charge shot camped with Samus. And I would like to discuss ideas. Look forward to hearing from the community!

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Samus is a fun matchup because Puff has to be the aggressor. If you stay close enough to her and provide enough pressure with spaced bairs and the threat of a grab, she can't spam projectiles. You then have to watch out for CC or wavedash back ftilt/utilt, which you can beat by grabbing or shielding, respectively. If she ever goes for nairs, you can either drift away and bair or possibly get under her and upair her body. If she's above you she should never really get down; space your uair so you're hitting underneath her and not her leg. Eventually you can force her offstage and have fun.

42nd

Smash Cadet
when you say wavedash back ftilt/utilt which you can beat by grabbing or shielding, do you mean shield grabbng her out of f tilt? or just as a way to reset neutral? Cuz the samus in my area get continuous jab--> ftilt shield pressure if I shield

Pscalion

Smash Rookie
Playing Samus is definitely a fun mix up of good spacing and being agro, leaning more on the agro style. Staying at too much of a distance is playing to her strengths and will result in Samus camping and playing mind games. Carefully close the distance and don't give Samus any room to think. Approaching from over head with d-air (sparingly) as well as rising pounds are surprisingly great mix ups.
Hope this helps.

Zappdos

Smash Cadet
Step 1.) Watch the first 25 minutes of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQQCan5oo90&list=PLxg9zOCIsohLRUWrKt8mdz6bNQ9gEDTio&index=1

Step 2.) Start randomly playing with someone. While playing, randomly choose not to throw out an aerial when you feel the inclination to do so. At that time, pause the game. Ask yourself questions like

"What could happen if I used this aeriel right now?"
"What could happen if I was holding Left/Right (both while attacked/not attacking)"
"What would happen if I was in the same relative position horizontally, but on the ground?"

Do this for a while, maybe write down your responses, and look for trends to notice things you can capitalize on/get punished for.

That's my best suggestion assuming you don't have games online.

Top Bottom