• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff IV: The Jigglying

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Despite what the title may tell you, this is (sadly) not a movie. This is where you voice what you think about Jigglypuff in Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS. What do you like about her? What do you hate about her? What do you think could use some work?
Personally, I think they nailed Jigglypuff's air game in this one. However, I do still think that her ground game is a bit unnecessarily slow. Aside from Ftilt, Utilt, and dash attack, she doesn't really have any reliable ground moves. It's...infuriating, to say the least, sometimes.
There's probably already a thread for this, but I didn't see one, so there is now.
But seriously though, someone get on that movie.

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
I think she is good but has some weakness that hold her back against competent players.

She has:
+ Good floatiness to dodge combos
+ Good juggles with up air and forward air into nair at early %
+ Good rest, the range is good and punish hard almost every dash attack on shield
+ Good aerials overall
But also has:
- She sucks against shield (yes I know side B, but it still doesnt do enough damage for how fast the shield regen)
- She doesnt have any throw that have follow ups
- Speaking of throws: How do you grab somebody with that slow dash speed
- Not the best priorities/range with aerials against certains matchup

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think she is good but has some weakness that hold her back against competent players.

She has:
+ Good floatiness to dodge combos
+ Good juggles with up air and forward air into nair at early %
+ Good rest, the range is good and punish hard almost every dash attack on shield
+ Good aerials overall
But also has:
- She sucks against shield (yes I know side B, but it still doesnt do enough damage for how fast the shield regen)
- She doesnt have any throw that have follow ups
- Speaking of throws: How do you grab somebody with that slow dash speed
- Not the best priorities/range with aerials against certains matchup
These are all true, for the most part. But let me shoot some of them down right quick. First, Jigglypuff is actually very safe on shield. She can poke you with a SHed Fair and just back right off, regardless of whether you block or not. Jigglypuff is also not a character who's centered around grabs like say, Luigi. Jigglypuff's grabs are mainly for damage, though a back throw near the ledge could mean your death. You have a good point with the last one.

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
These are all true, for the most part. But let me shoot some of them down right quick. First, Jigglypuff is actually very safe on shield. She can poke you with a SHed Fair and just back right off, regardless of whether you block or not. Jigglypuff is also not a character who's centered around grabs like say, Luigi. Jigglypuff's grabs are mainly for damage, though a back throw near the ledge could mean your death. You have a good point with the last one.
I know that you can poke but you need to be REALLY precise otherwise they can shieldgrab you. In game, I would say Jiggly is weak on shield. A moving opponent is really hard to space perfectly and with the top tier being really fast right now, I think its a weakness.
I know that jiggs isnt like ness or luigi for the follow up and that she doesnt need to, but I would love for her to just have at least a chance to score a forward air at low person or down throw up air once at low percent to give a small boost.

I feel like Jiggly really shine in mid percents, around 30 to 60%. Thats where you can usually combo fair and nair until death if you are near the ledge. Having nothing to help until these % sucks. Up tilt on fast faller is a thing but against anybody else its mehh

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I know that you can poke but you need to be REALLY precise otherwise they can shieldgrab you. In game, I would say Jiggly is weak on shield. A moving opponent is really hard to space perfectly and with the top tier being really fast right now, I think its a weakness.
I know that jiggs isnt like ness or luigi for the follow up and that she doesnt need to, but I would love for her to just have at least a chance to score a forward air at low person or down throw up air once at low percent to give a small boost.

I feel like Jiggly really shine in mid percents, around 30 to 60%. Thats where you can usually combo fair and nair until death if you are near the ledge. Having nothing to help until these % sucks. Up tilt on fast faller is a thing but against anybody else its mehh
You don't have to be that precise unless you're fighting someone with a long range grab like Samus. If you're still having trouble then move with L-Stick and attack with the C-Stick. I would seriously reconsider bringing tiers into the argument because not only is there no definitive top tier, it really is irrelevant here. There isn't a definitive tier list period, now that I say that. It's not really a weakness because shields are not something that gives Jiggly trouble. If their shield is even slightly decreased, I guarantee you a Pound will break it like glass.
What you don't notice is that everyone of Jigglypuff's throws is a free 10% provided you haven't staled it. They're meant to put opponents in bad positions, not to combo.
Up tilt is also decievingly strong. It's probably her most reliable KO move other than back air, neutral air, and Rest.

Top Bottom