• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff help?

NonSequtur

Smash Cadet
I've been playing against a few Puffs lately and I've been having problems. They dance outside my range, and continually hit me with Pound, bair and fair. Any advice? Preferably tailored to someone of rather low skill?

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Don't swing with laggy moves. Walking around and walling with dtilts and ftilts works wonders. if you get a grab (be super careful because she can duck under your grab and punish with rest) throw her quickly so she doesn't have time to DI and you have a chance to fsmash. Learning to pivot fsmash can be useful for getting kills especially off fthrows or dthrows she didn't DI fast enough. First hit of side-b to utilt is also a pretty reliable kill setup. Tipper uairs kill at lower percents than you'd think. Play patiently, control space, don't expect to combo her very hard.

See Biscuit

Smash Rookie
Work on your punish game. Whenever I play a puff, I usually fair them until I can down smash them off the stage for a KO. Spacing is important. Know where you have to be to get a tipper off and such. Other than that, experiment and see what works.

dtmm

Smash Rookie
Puff is an annoying matchup. If you can get a tipper that kills Puff super early. Otherwise she lives forever and you might have to dash around and try to sneak in a side b -> up tilt or tippered f tilt I guess. I think f tilt is a good tool against Puff. Definitely have to be super patient against Puff and be very smart about recovery. That applies for all matchups really, but remember that Puff can't reach up high very well from the stage level.

Signia

Smash Lord
Wavedash out of shield when she hits your shield with spaced attacks and jump and hit her. Do safe shffl aerials and she has no opening to hit you if you whiff. Dash dance and bait her out, knowing the range of her bair, and do dash-shield-SH aerials and keep an in-place or retreating momentum. When she hits the ground, the answer is always grab. In fact, those are pretty much the only two moves you should be using, fair and grab, with dtilt and nair used when it's absolutely necessary (dtilt for crouching, nair for approaching).

Stay away from the edge and maintain center stage. The best you can do against her by the edge is bait out her side-B and punish, but if you get hit you're off the edge and backturned.

Once you've poked her to about 65%-90%, only go for grabs and do the kill combos described in detail in the first post of the Kadano's Perfect Marth Class thread. If she goes higher, side-B utilt is your goto combo. Against most characters you can just do damage, hit them off the stage and convert the edgeguard to a kill, but it is completely pointless to just try and hit Puff until she dies or you get a lucky f-smash, as she'll just go off the stage where you can't edgeguard her.

Top Bottom