• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Help (a few questions)

Sea Legs

Smash Rookie
I'm starting to get into the competitive seen and I have a few questions to help me get out of the rut that I'm in.

1. How do players turn around so fast? I know bair is one of the most important factors of a jigglypuff, but every time I start, I end up either facing the wrong way or trying to approach and it just ends up facing forward.
2. What is the point of wavedashing in jigg play? I've been starting to incorporate that into my play, but I just don't really know when to use it or in what situations.
3. I know throws are important in her game, but it seems hard to get a grab on people I play with. I may just be new to the game and don't know what I'm doing, but are there any techniques to easily grab an opponent?
4. All of my friends who actually play competitively don't really live around me. Are there any ways to help improve my game by only playing computers?

Again, I'm pretty new at this game and I REALLY appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer these questions.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
1. If you input Y/X>A real quick while holding back jiggs shouldnt turn around and still do a bair, just keep working at throwing out bair and you'll get the hang of it soon enough, I had the same problem. You can also put the control stick back to neutral for a split second, jump, and move backward again.

2. Just keep at it, wavedashing is an important skill, focus on getting it consistent first.

3. Shield grab (Hit A while shielding) when they hit your shield with something laggy, dashdance grab, jump cancel grab, try to get a good feel for your grab range.

4. Only ever playing CPU's is not advisable because they play nothing like humans, you can practice stuff like u-air > rest I suppose but playing humans is very preferable..

See Biscuit

Smash Rookie
1. ^^^^^^^^
2. When I play jiggs, I use wave dashing as a way to move into grab positions or to move under a fox that's spamming lasers.
3. Like I said, wave dashing. I also like to dodge roll around my opponent and then dash grab.
4. Practice combos against level 1 and level 4 computers, they DI differently. Other then that, I usually just play a 99 stock match against a level 7 or 8. Level 9 computers are stupid because as soon as you press a button, immediately know what you're gonna do before the frames even begin. So I think 7 and 8 are more human.

the wizard howl

Smash Apprentice
there is no such thing as a more human cpu.
cpus are for techskill, and puff doesn't emphasize techskill so...
if you don't have accessible friends to play with your time is better spent making friends to play with.

TheSleepyLion

Smash Rookie
If you're willing to be social, post on craigslist and your regional board to find people in your area. Nothing will help as much as having a consistent practice partner.

Top Bottom