• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff 1.15

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta got changes this patch, aren't we now the only character to not receive any changes outside of bugfixes?
We got +1% on flower damage for rest from 1.0.6 :)
:(
And I just saw that this was a testing error...well...uh. Wow. Even when we think we have something, we don't.

Last edited:

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
Silver lining: We still have the best life icon. :4jigglypuff:

What other character can use their whole body as a life icon?

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
>tfw no buffs

Well, RIP my hopes of a slightly better than Brawl Jiggs. Again.

Now, onwards to plug in the N64 again.

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
>tfw no buffs

Well, RIP my hopes of a slightly better than Brawl Jiggs. Again.

Now, onwards to plug in the N64 again.
You could play Melee where Jiggs practically had a 0-death true combo. But then again, it is Melee.
M E L E E

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
You could play Melee where Jiggs practically had a 0-death true combo. But then again, it is Melee.
M E L E E
Crying because no GameCube and the Wii (well, mine can't) can't play GC games.

Oh, I have like twenty five dollars compared to everyone else in my family.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
Well no other character in Smash 4 does.
And yes G&W counts because Melee is eternal whether you like it or not.
No problems with Melee here. But still, :4gaw: is now, and that sir, is just a head. :)

I'm still not giving up on the Jiggs. :4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff:

MugiwaraNoPurin

Smash Rookie
As a Jigglypuff main, I find this 100% hilarious that she still has not been buffed.
I've been waiting for them to fix that I can be punished after a Rest kill, ever since the beginning of the game. It doesn't make any sense that I can be punished after I have successfully used one of the hardest move in the game.

I was on the edge of dropping Jigglypuff as my main.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I've been waiting for them to fix that I can be punished after a Rest kill, ever since the beginning of the game. It doesn't make any sense that I can be punished after I have successfully used one of the hardest move in the game.

Exactly! Jigglypuff is supposed to be a high risk / high reward character but now she just has more risks than rewards. Its silly how sing is still in the game, a move like that can never be buffed because it would make rest more reliable. So it stays subpar and underused. They need to get rid of it.

I'm always feeling like Jigglypuff is bound to be cut sooner or later from Smash because of the little effort and attention they have put towards her.

Last edited:

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet

That has always been my least favorite part about Jigglypuff in this game. I would feel better if Rest always triggered a Star KO. Then we would be able to use it as the trump card it's supposed to be.

Brellow

Smash Cadet
I rest off stage and the enemy dies in a star animation but I Sd before that happens. I rest on stage and they immediately blast and respawn to punish me. A simple buff would make it so your enemies KO animation is dependent on where you rested.

[BROF]

Smash Apprentice
Being punished for rest is a staple of the character since 64. It's what makes using rest when you're at feasible kill percent a gamble. The problem in smash 4 is how weak rest in comparison to the game where she shined in.
Also when looking at what Ganondorf got in terms of buffs I can only see how he's going back to his melee-self (stronger wizkick and faster jab). Going back to melee jiggly could help her immensely, even if just bair was faster and rest killing earlier. If her bair went back to glory she could survive on that move alone.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I have a feeling the japanese developers (or balancing team) are blissfully unaware of how much the western community wants Jigglypuff to be buffed. If only i could send a message to them in japanese lol

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Just a theory, but what if they nerfed Rest more so that it didn't KO until at least 100% (On the ground) but to make up for it they buffed Sing to make it useable. That way, Sing to Rest isn't rage-inducing at lower percents but it can give her a Kill confirm. I don't know if this has been said, but this seems like it might work.

Also I feel for you guys. Although Pac-Man needs it less, Pac-Man wasn't buffed since about 1.04 to now and all he got was a slight increase in knockback on his smashes and back air. The only other times were glitches removed and that one time where Trampoline pushed everyone through the floor.

Last edited:

MugiwaraNoPurin

Smash Rookie
That has always been my least favorite part about Jigglypuff in this game. I would feel better if Rest always triggered a Star KO. Then we would be able to use it as the trump card it's supposed to be.
Unless you are in the Grand Finals and you Rest with 2 seconds left on the clock and you lose by percentage because the last stock of your opponent hasn't been taken. XD XD XD XD

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Just a theory, but what if they nerfed Rest more so that it didn't KO until at least 100% (On the ground) but to make up for it they buffed Sing to make it useable. That way, Sing to Rest isn't rage-inducing at lower percents but it can give her a Kill confirm. I don't know if this has been said, but this seems like it might work.
Maybe they should remove all lag from Rest and see how high Jigglypuff rises in the tier list :troll:
I am seriously wondering how high Jigglypuff can go up the tier list based on how buffed Rest is, though.

OmegaStriker

Smash Cadet
Unless you are in the Grand Finals and you Rest with 2 seconds left on the clock and you lose by percentage because the last stock of your opponent hasn't been taken. XD XD XD XD
They could still apply the rule that depending on the time limit, there can be nothing but Blast KOs from the top.

Or maybe this is too complicated. :(

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they should remove all lag from Rest and see how high Jigglypuff rises in the tier list :troll:
I am seriously wondering how high Jigglypuff can go up the tier list based on how buffed Rest is, though.
Or since Sakurai likes to channel the game series into the characters, Rest does no damage but heals Jigglypuff completely. Lag's still the same. She'll never die. :troll:

Last edited:

MugiwaraNoPurin

Smash Rookie
They could still apply the rule that depending on the time limit, there can be nothing but Blast KOs from the top.

Or maybe this is too complicated. :(
Nothing is too complicated, but if you wouldn't change the fact that a successful rest could be punished, why would that apply that rule to the game? (:

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I'm honestly so shocked that she hasn't been touched at all (besides rest's flower % which is stupid bc it's supposed to be a kill move).
This was actually false. It was a myth rumored by some random posters. Players confirmed afterwards that there were no changes regarding Jigglypuff' Rest.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Double post because enlightenment.

Could it be that Jiggs is shunned upon Sakurai and Nintendo because that is their way to punish us for that Reggie beatup event to begin with?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Double post because enlightenment.

Could it be that Jiggs is shunned upon Sakurai and Nintendo because that is their way to punish us for that Reggie beatup event to begin with?
Damn it, I was about to post that!

Top Bottom