• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglybuffed! Post buffs you want to see for the puff!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
*Forgive me if I'm getting the correct terms wrong. I don't know all of them so, I'll try and be as clear as possible.

-Combo u-throw
-Better suction, and slightly less knockback on dair, sends at slightly more upward angle to allow for more guaranteed follow-ups
-More knockback for fully charged neutral b, or have it charge faster either or. Allow to change directions faster.
-Maybe send b-throw at a more downwards angle, that way if Jigs catches them at the ledge with one, it sets up the opponent for gimps.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
*Forgive me if I'm getting the correct terms wrong. I don't know all of them so, I'll try and be as clear as possible.

-Combo u-throw
-Better suction, and slightly less knockback on dair, sends at slightly more upward angle to allow for more guaranteed follow-ups
-More knockback for fully charged neutral b, or have it charge faster either or. Allow to change directions faster.
-Maybe send b-throw at a more downwards angle, that way if Jigs catches them at the ledge with one, it sets up the opponent for gimps.
I don't know about suction and jigglypuff, then again I stopped using her about 7 months ago due to my dislike of her poor performance. I really ended up liking the character too. But those are pretty good too.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I don't know about suction and jigglypuff, then again I stopped using her about 7 months ago due to my dislike of her poor performance. I really ended up liking the character too. But those are pretty good too.
I just think that if her dair connected better that the dair to dair to rest combo would work a lot better possibly making her viable.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
I just think that if her dair connected better that the dair to dair to rest combo would work a lot better possibly making her viable.
That has nothing to do with suction; it's the knockback it deals that decides how easy it is to combo. It's easy to perform already, just that what it should have is consistency because opponents get thrown off to one side or the other. But your other things pretty much make sense.

Personally I think she struggles way too much with the shielding mechanics in this game, if they gave her better throws and a slightly stronger rest, I'd be satisfied. They could improve the damage by another 5% imo. Also make that dair more consistent in where it throws people.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That has nothing to do with suction; it's the knockback it deals that decides how easy it is to combo. It's easy to perform already, just that what it should have is consistency because opponents get thrown off to one side or the other. But your other things pretty much make sense.

Personally I think she struggles way too much with the shielding mechanics in this game, if they gave her better throws and a slightly stronger rest, I'd be satisfied. They could improve the damage by another 5% imo. Also make that dair more consistent in where it throws people.
It'd be even easier to perform with better suction though right? I mean, we're talking about a combo that can KO at low percents as is, allowing dair to have a bigger initial hitbox and making it harder to escape can make it absolutely terrifying.

I think rest is fine as it is, but I would like her throws to have some buffs. I really think the bthrow going at a lower angle can be amazing against characters like Fox and Captain Falcon who are easily gimped.

I'd be satisfied if dair was more consistent in where it throws people though. Anything to give Jiggs more reliable combos would make me happy.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
All I ask is for her Utilt to work like Snake's Utilt in Brawl.

DatChrizma

Smash Rookie
U-throw combo

slightly buffed range on fair and bair

decrease knockback on Utilt to setup for combos

maybe stronger rest

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I feel like this has been done already.
- Give her forward tilt more range and knockback so that it can kill at high percents.
- Increase the knockback on down tilt and decrease the starting and ending lag.
- Slightly decrease up tilts knockback.
- Decrease forward smash's starting lag.
- Increase the knockback on up smash, remove the sourspot, and decrease starting and ending lag.
- Increase down smash's damage, knockback, and range, and decrease starting and ending lag.
- Decrease forward air's ending lag or increase shield pushback.
- Drastically increase up air's speed and range.
- Make it so that down air autocancels and spikes.
- Synch the frame that back air's hitbox comes out with the animation.
- Give her a long-range grab and grab air with her hair curl.
- Make it so that forward throw semi-spikes, akin to Melee.
- Drastically decrease down throw's knockback so that it can combo.
- Slightly increase back throw's knockback and lower the angle.
- Severely increase up throw's knockback scaling so that it's around the same strength as Mewtwo's up throw.
- Increase Rollout's damage and knockback, and make it so that Jigglypuff can move after striking an opponent in midair.
- Decrease Pound's ending lag.
- Shorten Sing's duration, make the hitbox (or sleepbox) come out faster, and make the animation faster.
- Increase Jigglypuff's running speed, air speed, and weight.
- Bring back the crown and the headband.
-Voįlá. Top tier Jigglypuff.

DatChrizma

Smash Rookie
- Give her forward tilt more range and knockback so that it can kill at high percents.
- Increase the knockback on up smash, remove the sourspot, and decrease starting and ending lag.
- Increase down smash's damage, knockback, and range, and decrease starting and ending lag.
- Severely increase up throw's knockback scaling so that it's around the same strength as Mewtwo's up throw.
- Increase Rollout's damage and knockback, and make it so that Jigglypuff can move after striking an opponent in midair.
- Shorten Sing's duration, make the hitbox (or sleepbox) come out faster, and make the animation faster.
I doubt Sakurai would do something like this, but I would be overjoyed. This is a great idea if they want to make all characters top tier therefor making them fairy balanced. (which I think would be the best option instead of nerfing characters) It just feels like Sakurai wants Jiggz to be awful ever since her former glory.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I doubt Sakurai would do something like this, but I would be overjoyed. This is a great idea if they want to make all characters top tier therefor making them fairy balanced. (which I think would be the best option instead of nerfing characters) It just feels like Sakurai wants Jiggz to be awful ever since her former glory.
Oh, I know for a fact that it won't happen because the balancing team is honestly, lazy as all hell. I don't know who looked at Sheik and thought that she was balanced, but I'll sleep better at night when that person is fired.
Really, all she needs is a reliable KO option and an improvement to her ground game to be more than what she is, which is just decent.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Nice, but it seems a bit over the top. Don't know if you'd agree with me but jigglypuff's real struggle are the shields currently present in the game. Personally I don't think it's about being top tier, every character should be high tier so at least they can't cheese certain things. i.e. Sheik needle camping instantly makes her top tier. Then again you probably know more about me than jiggs cause I stopped using her some time ago.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Either make d-throw a combo throw or u-throw a kill throw. Simply doing that would move her up to at least lower mid-tier.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Nice, but it seems a bit over the top. Don't know if you'd agree with me but jigglypuff's real struggle are the shields currently present in the game. Personally I don't think it's about being top tier, every character should be high tier so at least they can't cheese certain things. i.e. Sheik needle camping instantly makes her top tier. Then again you probably know more about me than jiggs cause I stopped using her some time ago.
I wouldn't say that's her main struggle, but it's a definitely a problem. It could be easily remedied by giving her forward air more shield pushback or damage and giving her a kill throw.
Honestly, I don't think it's over the top. She really does need all those things. Just a speed or weight buff alone would go a long way.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Easy, up throw that kills, down throw with less lag, smash attacks with less lag (especially forward and down smash), and buff her grab range.

EDIT: Also give her a jab lock.

Last edited:

DatChrizma

Smash Rookie
Easy, up throw that kills, down throw with less lag, smash attacks with less lag (especially forward and down smash), and buff her grab range.

I'd add less knockback on either u-air or Utilt, but that's just my opinion.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe

You know I completely forgot her jab can't jab lock until you said it. I forgot that I knew that and failed to mention that.

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604

You can lock with ftilt,sour spot dash and sour spot fair attack at low %
I think you can lock with the first 8 hits of dair and dsmash at all %s

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
A jab lock really isn't all the necessary. It would be nice, but it's the least of her worries.
Also, I forgot, make her custom moves not complete ass.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Wut. A jab lock that you can actually set up and that works at all percents is a major ticket. I would put it above 90% of what you listed. Reminder that a jab lock isn't only good because it's a great setup, but because having any extension into Rest makes that option a passive threat that pervades your entire game. That scares people. Look at how Melee Puff works: she has spacing and combo tools in neutral, she has gimping tools, and she has several arms branching outward from Rest. A lot of those arms only work due to Melee's physics getting opponents to hit the ground from juggling setups into missed techs or tech chases, but those setups are like 50% of her offensive game. Jiggs' threatening presence comes mainly from having a plethora of options to set up Rest. Right now with Smash 4 people are mostly just cautious about tech rolling inwards and obvious OoS stuff. Her locking options right now just suck unless you can get the god hit very early in the match.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm going to list a few buffs that I would like and are realistic.

-Dthrow changed like Charizards, sends them forwards so we can combo with aerials, but not with rest at kill percents. We could get fair to rest, or bair at kill percents hopefully.
-Dair has less landing lag. maybe be able to do dair to rest. idk, probably the least likely on this list.
-Utilt gets extra hitboxes behind it, it has like no range behind it, but yet has a big hit box in front of it so you can hit people in front of you. It's dumb.
-Pound more shield damage. Only does like, 60% of shield. Make it 75% of shield, and we good.
-Bair less startup. This is easy, make it hit like 3 frames earlier and it will be amazing.
-Sing Startup Decreased. This is something I dont really want, but probably the most likely buff we will get. Kirby got an inhale buff, and sing is our signature move like kirby's inhale.

Honestly with just those changes, we will easily be top of mid tier (which I have the unpopular opinion of thinking she's already there) With next patch Im hoping for at least 3 of these.

fuusen

Smash Rookie
- Higher knockback on u-smash
- More shield pushback on f-air
- Less startup on u-tilt
- Buff Rest so that it kills slightly earlier
- More knockback on Rollout, and make it so Puff can move in the air after it hits
- A better locking move

I'd also really like to see them give Puff a normal shield break, but it's been this way for every other game so it's pretty obvious that it's not going to happen :c

Edit: I forgot to mention that some variety to her throws would be nice

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4jigglypuff: Jigglybuffs, you say? Welp, here's my token on this:
  • Buff Rest back to Melee power, or at least close to it. Make it send at a semi-spike angle rather than vertical. I feel like that to properly compensate for this, they'd probably make the hitbox for it slightly smaller due to how immensely powerful it'd be. Rest sending others horizontally not only would make the move safer while Jiggly is sleeping, but put the opponent in a position that isn't that advantageous for recovery.
  • Make Rollout automatically stop at the edges of stages so doesn't Jigglypuff roll off the edge to her death. Also buff its damage and knockback so it'll a proper kill move unlike it is now. Self-explanatory tbh.
  • Give up-tilt more range behind and in front of her foot and decrease its startup. Jiggly's up tilt has pretty pathetic range for the move it should be in theory, from my experience it has low knockback so if we got a hitbox buff we'd have something to properly start combos without having to be in a super specific position.
  • A kill throw. Please. Jiggly's throws ain't that hot, but forward throw, back throw or up throw being a KO move would do wonders for Jiggs imo.
  • Decrease the duration of Sing. Jiggly Jiggly has already said this but it'd be a nice touch too.

That's all I got really. These are probably all major pipe dreams but eh.

Last edited by a moderator:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
I think stopping Rollout at ledges would be overall detrimental because you no longer have the option to roll off the ledge if you want to. Part of having a safe Rollout is being able to get distance at the end, and if you used it on a platform or something you'd be punished for free because you can't get off. A way better safety would be the ability to cancel it if you're at a velocity state that does no damage, and/or to cancel it when charging.

Last edited:

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Honestly all I want is:

- Less ending lag on Down Air
- A Kill throw
- Less ending lag on Pound
- For U-tilt to be as fast as Kirby's

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Purin is already pretty good with the stuff she has, in my opinion. What she needs to be more viable, though, is:
-Up-Throw is the combo throw.
-A not broken true combo to Rest. By not broken, I mean something hard to setup.
-Make D-Air more consistent on the direction of the knockback.
- Make Pound both a kill move and a combo move by giving both a Sweetspot and a Sourspot, in different timing.
-Make Up-Air like Fox's in terms of kill power.
-Back-Air and Pound have a little less startup.
-More priority in Aerials.
-"Lock" the enemy in Sing so it will make it sleep instantly as the hitbox touches it. It will sleep from the start to the finish.
-Jab now Jab Locks!
-D-Tilt's startup reduced.
-Bring "Purin" and "Rondoudou" to America via voice change toggle.
-Headband (and the Crown) returns!
-Done! Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom