• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggly Drill

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
Is it better not to Z cancel jiggly's drill if you are going to rest/upsmash right after?

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
i dont z cancel THIS specific aerial but it would be better if i did. i mean usually the dair to usmash works without the z but i mean if the opponent is able to shield the usmash after receiving a uair then i will do the z cancel... its pretty fast without it anyway.

DSB

Smash Apprentice
I dont find it necessary to Z cancel if I Drill to Upsmash.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
depends if you want them to bounce or not. usually for up smash, it's more useful to not z-cancel. it really depends on if your opponent tries to shield after the d-air or not.

Elen

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't you Z cancel it. I can't see any situation where more lag is a good thing. Always Z cancel every move.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
You may not NEED to z-cancel to order to upsmash immediately after you hit the ground Elen, so it'd be a waste of finger-movement to possibly mess up and hold shield too long.

Then again, its probably a better habit to simply be z-cancelling all aerials anyway.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
Why wouldn't you Z cancel it. I can't see any situation where more lag is a good thing. Always Z cancel every move.
because there's barely any lag anyways, and when you don't z-cancel it the other person pops up a bit off the g round. so no you don't need to z-cancel every move.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
It'd be wise to Z-cancel if your opponent uses shield after the dair. Even if he does it once. I mean, if he does, you are basically dead from his concurrent 0-death... So there you will Z cancel to prevent the shield from appearing. But if you really wanna know, that kirby Uair is pretty fast after he hits the ground... I haven't really noticed Z cancelling of that at all.

EDIT: No no, I was wrong wrong wrong... From a little more testing you should ALWAYS z cancel the Jigglypuff dair to upsmash. It goes SIGNIFICANTLY faster if you do.

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
i hope whaahppnd got his answer...its basically split 50/50

moocow's explanation seems about right though.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
hmm.. what I concluded from all this was that:

"There is nothing wrong with z-canceling ALL aerials"

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
I think what the original poster was talking about is the fact that Pika's uair and Ness' dair & uair all have exactly zero recovery frames, whereas r-cancelling has like... 3. So for those moves it is, in fact, better NOT to r-cancel. With Jiggly, though, I'm pretty sure r-cancelling is better; I remember before I knew how to r-cancel I would try dair->rest and people would occasionally get away. That no longer happens. ^____^

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
hey mooseproduce..do you grab sometimes after you "R" cancel?????!?!?!?!?
Um... when I press R twice on purpose in order to grab directly after landing, yes?

Do you have a point?

...like maybe the fact that you're not good enough to r-cancel? :O:O:O

Z nub.

Edit: What's even cooler is that I also use R instead of A for all my arials. So my R-pressing finger could wrassle you to death any day.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
So glad I don't have to give that controller stuff thought... go KB YEAH SON

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Ya, unless its really inconveinent for your fingers, or you not very good at it (example ME), you should always do it, no matter what.
NO

WRONG, DAMMIT

Pika's uair and Ness' dair/usair you should NOT z-cancel, or even r-cancel.

Also, if you z-cancel instead of r-cancel, then DK will come to your house and *** **** *** ** * ***** ** you **** **. Edit: ****ed curse parser...

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
So use r for aerial, r for cancel (EXCEPT pike uair and ness uair dair) and R to grab, once you have canceled (with r) the aerial attack (that u used r instead of a).

Volrec

Smash Lord
You know Ness's dair has no aerial lag either, right? I don't need to Z cancel it, but i do anyway. Because if I'm so used to not canceling dairs, it might take an attack on my other characters as fox when I'm Short hopping Dairs, and just get grabbed.

Top Bottom