• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JCSC (Jump Cancel-Slide Cancel)

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Hey folks I know I don't really pop my head in the Pit threads (or any threads really) often but I just wanted to know, have any of you Pit players tried to perform Jump Canceling? I think I've seen some video's of slide canceling but I don't think I've seen any uses of Jump Canceling to Glide. If you guys are like "wtf is he talking about" here's an example how to do it (I use Gamecube controller when performing this):

You jump with either X or Y and immediately after you jump hit up on the analog while still holding down the X or Y button.

If done right you will go immediately into your second jump and glide. The advantage of this tactic instead of just double jumping into glide is that you are lower to the ground and can go into a slide cancel much faster on the ground. The Jump Cancel to glide is very deceiving because it almost looks exactly like a full single jump. The only difference between a single jump and the jump cancel with Pit is a few white feathers. The opponent will not realize you are into you're double jump to glide because it comes out alot faster. You can also cancel the glide animation at any time. You also can adjust the angle of your glide to perform the slide cancel even faster. By slide canceling I mean hitting the A button right before you're about to hit the ground. If done right you will get a momentum boost (Similar to wavelanding) instead of sliding on the ground. I don't have any exact videos of me doing it, I just put it in a segment of this video I made called "Brawl Can Combo". Here's a link to that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnmwYSZBi2w

The portion that shows the JCSC in action (labeled JCGC in the video, dunno why I called it a glide cancel when it's really a slide cancel o.o;;) starts at 1:55 of the vid. At 2:40 is when I start the actual vid and you can see me using the tactic in everyday fights.

Like I said, I haven't seen the Jump Cancel performed yet with Pit players (I think I may have seen some instances of Slide Canceling) or any gliders for that matter. So if you know about it, please don't flame and just show me a vid of you using it please. Also I just call it JCSC because that's exactly what it is, a Jump Cancel and a Slide Cancel combined. I am not trying to name the move after me in any kind of way, I just thought it would be helpful for people who do not know of this to learn about it. I hope it is helpful and you guys can learn something from this. ^_^

Also I'm thinking of starting on a little 3:00-4:00 minute vid dedicated to this Tactic only and the advantages that it has. Well once again, tell me Pit mains (I Alt Pit with DK/Ness too) if you find this helpful or not.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
It's been known (at least i have known), but it's just not popular. Most pit users turn tap jump off making this impossible. Other things like arrow looping is nerfed when you dont turn tap jump off. This is still good to know and like you said there hasnt been a thread on it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've been incorporating this into my game via a second gamer tag. Stages such as Luigi's Mansion for instance is good for the Tap-To-Jump for this very tactic.

Top Bottom