• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JC Grab vs Dash Grab

NWRL

Smash Ace
Are there any differences between the two? If so, what's the advantage to using one over the other?

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Are there any differences between the two? If so, what's the advantage to using one over the other?
JC grab has slightly less range/duration but is much faster. Personally I just JC grab for most of my grabs.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
JC Grab is just your standing grab I believe and dash grab is it's own thing. As far as advantages go it depends on the characters and how each grab stacks up to the other/it's the same advantage and disadvantage of your dash grab and standing grab which is usually one is more laggy and what not. A good deal of CGs in Melee(and probably this too) use JC Grabs I think.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Correct it is your standing grab but I don't think Ike's dash grab is very useful especially considering he can QD->JC grab when he needs range for his grab.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
For reference, standing/JC grab comes out on frame 7 while dash grab comes out on 11. Their range difference is minuscule while pivot grab has a fair increase over both (still working on the gifs so you'll be able to see for yourself later). For the most part, always go for the JC grab or JC pivot (out of QD). Dash grab could be for the rare occasion when you want to call a spot dodge but that's about it.

Last edited:

NWRL

Smash Ace
Alrighty I'll keep that in mind.

By the way were you at a tournament out in Orlando this past Sunday? I thought I saw your tag

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I thought I recognized your tag as well. I'm the one you saw, yeah. We Ike mains gotta stick together haha

NWRL

Smash Ace
Hell yeah dude, Ike mains are like the Bloods.

Your movement with Ike is really impressive, it was the little kick I needed to really step up mine lol

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Exactly. We definitely need to play sometime. I've been doing a lot of lab fun with different goofy tricks like Dair (DI'd out) on Fox into DACUS.

And thanks. I love love looooove keeping my Ike on the move so I play a bit like a spaz lol

NWRL

Smash Ace
For sure dude. I'm out in the Winter Haven/Bartow area.

My newest tech is the spacie chain grab, funniest thing ever with Ike.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ohhhh ****. That's a good hour out from me. That is a problem. I guess our best bet is when you come in town for a tourney then.

I literally just got my streaming setup good to go though so if you wanna watch Ike/Roy/G&W stuff, I'm gonna be doing that almost every day.
http://www.twitch.tv/cuylerplaysvidya

And yeah, Ike's got the nastiest CGs on spacies. I've been mixing up how you can finish it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom