• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JC Grab or Boost Grab?

Squiiidzoid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5026-5302-6885
Which goes further for Diddy, a Jump Cancel Grab, or a Dash Attack Cancel Grab? Sorry for making this, I'm just having trouble finding it out in training mode and i thought someone might know.
thanks for any help

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
What inputs are you using to jump cancel grab?

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
jc grabs don't exist in this game, boost grabs don't give much more distance compared to dash grabs, but they are slightly longer
it would be nice to have jc grabs tho

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
That's why I'm asking him for the inputs he's using for a jump cancel grab. Maybe he discovered something lol

Squiiidzoid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5026-5302-6885
No, sadly after testing it with the squares on Omega Green Hill Zone, the jump cancel grab doesn't actually give you extra distance, but it does cause the camera to glitch a bit which may have caused my confusion. A dash grab goes 4 squares and a boost grab goes about 5.5 squares

busken

Smash Ace
Most character's get about a 20% grab increase from boost grab; Diddy is no exception. However, that boost can mean the difference between catching a roll or not for some characters like Zelda, and King DeDeDe. Since Diddy's dash grab already catches rolls the main use for his boost grab is primarily for a spacing tool. The added distance can allow Diddy to punish the landing of retreating aerials and can be an effective cross-up if whiffed since you will behind the opponents against some characters. This video shows dash grab to boost grab lengths. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWnw81DYTkk

As far as I know, Jump Canceled Grab is impossible in Smash 4.

Top Bottom