• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jason Anthony Griffith or Ryan Drummond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
don't get me started again i just made peace with sonicmario and that's it try if you like but stop talking about it already if you don't like it play in japanese

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
Meh, I'm used to Jason's VA so it doesn't matter.

Also, it just seems to fit Sonic's Nature, IMO

Ryan sounds more serious, but jason sounds more carefree.
Jason's voice doesn't fit Sonic's nature at all. Ryan made Sonic sound energetic and youthful and full of attitude and emotion, just like Sonic's Japanese actor does and like Jaleel White did. Jason makes Sonic sound all mellowed-out and sarcastic and uncaring. Sonic is not like that, last time I checked. That personality was invented by 4Shame.

Heck, none of the new Sonic character voices fit.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's current voice sadly doesn't fit the character. Sonic lacks the attitude and personality with the current voice. Compared to say Dan Green's Mephiles, or Mike Pollock's Robotnik there isn't even a comparison. Both of these characters seems to have more personality than what is shown, simply becouse of how well the lines were delivered.

A Major part of any character is their voice, would you want to play Halo if Master Chief sounded like a sissy? No. Sonic's current voice is hitting him almost as hard as the quality of some of the games. If it is the director's fault, then SEGA should look into that, however what ever the reason, the voice is not something people want to hear coming out of the mouth of one of their favorite characters, and it shows.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
Wow, you're right. Maybe Griffith has finally learned how to do Sonic's voice correctly. Either that or he knew how all along and it has something to do with the fact that Al Khan and those other 4Kids higher-ups aren't the ones deciding how Sonic should talk anymore.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you're right. Maybe Griffith has finally learned how to do Sonic's voice correctly. Either that or he knew how all along and it has something to do with the fact that Al Khan and those other 4Kids higher-ups aren't the ones deciding how Sonic should talk anymore.
If you are right, and it was the director's fault and he is now out of the picture. I will be glad that Jason has finally been able to voice sonic better. Though I still prefur Ryan, if Jason has gotten the voice together, I wouldn't mind him.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
For some reason, I always look at Sonic and imagine neither Ryan nor Jason, not even Urkel, coming out of his mouth.

I hear Jiraya. From Naruto. The American voice.

Yeah, I scare me too. Could someone post an image of some ritalin or something?

X-Alted

Smash Rookie
It's hard to choose between the two, in my opinion they're both pretty bad.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Ryan hands down! jason sounds high and even if he fixed his speech pattern he wouldn't be as good

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
jason griffeth is just a lousy actor. Play Sonic Riders if you don't know what I mean.
I personally think that his worst lines come from Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Nex-Gen.

If Griffith can get his act together, I'll generously accept him as the VA.

Even then, I don't put the VA too high on my priority list.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
idk they're both equal in my opinion

Ryan is better in every way

Jason on the other hand sucks...... but he is the one that made "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!!!!!!!" a running riot.

and is it just me, or does it seem like Sonic games got worse when Jason started voicing sonic?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord

Jason on the other hand sucks...... but he is the one that made "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!!!!!!!" a running riot.

and is it just me, or does it seem like Sonic games got worse when Jason started voicing sonic?
A coinidential truth....

Yeah Jason did do the your too slow taunt.

But if Ryan had done it,it would have been that much betterXD

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace

Coincidence? Not really. Jason started voicing Sonic in Shadow, which was the point where Sega met an entertainment conglomerate named Sammy. Sammy made changes. Horrible, horrible changes.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Coincidence? Not really. Jason started voicing Sonic in Shadow, which was the point where Sega met an entertainment conglomerate named Sammy. Sammy made changes. Horrible, horrible changes.

Jason also started voicing Shadow in Shadow. which isn't as bad voice-wise but I prefer Shadow's old voice better.

4-kids studio must be burned down,and then nuked XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom