• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Victory Quotes

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Sigh... Was Mewtwo not having an english VA really all about the controversy behind Femtwo and his original english VA from the first movie? I really don't see a problem with just giving him a new VA like they did with Fox and Falco (despite how horrible the former sounds).

They need to put the option to switch voices for individual characters between Eng and Jpn
I think it's because it's cheaper to just hire one VA for DLC.
And for Mars they got Spike Spencer around. He worked in Awakening for crying out loud. Well, at least Mars speaks English in Codename STEAM. By the way, who voices him in STEAM?
If you don't know yet, Yuri Lowenthal (aka Sasuke Uchiha's English voice, or Ben 10).

D

Deleted member

I dunno bout you guys but i'd like to see :marthmelee: and :mewtwomelee:... also :roymelee: speak English one day.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I dunno bout you guys but i'd like to see :marthmelee: and :mewtwomelee:... also :roymelee: speak English one day.
In Smash right? Because Marth already speaked English in OVAs and Codename STEAM, and Mewtwo was once voiced by the king of card games. Can't imagine Roy speaking English.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Eh, i'd only like it if either dual audio came back or an even better system of individual voice toggles(such as in SFIV) came in.Ichimura will always be the definitive mewtwo to me(mostly because of his incredible performance in the first movie) and his impersonator is the next best thing.

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In case people don't know, Mewtwo actually has a new voice actor for Smash 4.

In Melee, it was Ichimura Masachika, who's best known as playing the original Phantom of the Opera in Japan.

In Smash 4, it's Fujiwara Keiji, who's played roles such as Holland in Eureka Seven and Maes Hughes in Full Metal Alchemist.

https://ogiuemaniax.wordpress.com/2015/04/19/new-mewtwo-voice-actor-for-super-smash-bros/
I know Ichimura also dubbed Nightmare Before Christmas as Jack Skellington. Fujiwara's most notable role for me is Aizawa in Death Note, but I recognize a few of his other roles on Wikipedia.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Meh, He has his laugh so I'm good.

And I'd rather his grunts over japanese VA, I like my characters speaking english.

Top Bottom