• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese tier list is complete garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Tiers are only beginning.
Give it a good 8 or so Months for an actual Tier List to be listed.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Rosalina? A tier? when and how?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
What regional differences do we know of so far? It could be that they're slightly different characters.

Or they could be smoking something.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Rosalina? A tier? when and how?
Rosalina is actually a solid character, not surprised at all seeing her up there.

But what I fail to see is how characters like Robin and Shulk are rated so low, and Palutena being at the bottom with Ganon is something I cannot comprehend.

But it is just early, a real tier list won't be out for another good few months.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
That "tier list" is out of context; it's based solely on tournament results within the first couple weeks of the Japanese version being out.

Actual tier lists have a lot of thought and discussion put into them by some (generally) very informed members of the competitive scene. I doubt we'll see a single remotely accurate tier list for at least 6 months.

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Yeah just give it time I say, people just like to have this organizational type thing to look at, so its not surprising one is out so fast, but of course within time more accurate ones will be made.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Though it seems like this is just this guy posting his own personal tier list, it still looks pretty accurate to me except for a few things: Greninja will go up though when it is all said and done. Flip Bowser Jr and Bowser around. I think Wii Fit Trainer has way more potential.

I think Kirby is the worst in the game again, personally. He might even be worse than his Melee form.

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
That "tier list" is out of context; it's based solely on tournament results within the first couple weeks of the Japanese version being out.

Actual tier lists have a lot of thought and discussion put into them by some (generally) very informed members of the competitive scene. I doubt we'll see a single remotely accurate tier list for at least 6 months.
Uh didn't Brawl have one within the first couple months? I remember it being pretty clear that Meta was the best in the game within two month.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Why is it when people disagree with a list its always just "omg how is X not seen better with all this stuff they've got going for them that I will not or can not explain".

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
As has been said, this is only based on tournament results. That said, some of the characters in the A and B tier will probably stay there due to what we already know of some of the characters. Everything else is still up in the air. Robin will probably go up significantly from that list.

I will say though that I don't really see Palutena going up too much.

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
As has been said, this is only based on tournament results. That said, some of the characters in the A and B tier will probably stay there due to what we already know of some of the characters. Everything else is still up in the air. Robin will probably go up significantly from that list.

I will say though that I don't really see Palutena going up too much.
Completely agree with Palutena point. I'm sorry guys, but her Smashes are too laggy, tilts too situational, and the hit boxes on her moves in general are weird. Just a lackluster character.

iNinja5567

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNinja5567
3DS FC
1435-5269-0072
Has everyone forgotten that Nintendo said themselves that Samus was one of the best in early testing? Why is she in the D tier now!?

Spirst

Has everyone forgotten that Nintendo said themselves that Samus was one of the best in early testing? Why is she in the D tier now!?
I'm not going to discredit Samus here as I'm not knowledgeable enough on her to give any placement, but I don't think Nintendo saying something like that should be taken too seriously. After all, the competitive community here on Smashboards would probably be more adept at discerning a characters viability as opposed to Nintendo as both are appealing to rather different demographics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom