• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Players at Genesis 3

Sedda

Smash Champion
From Karajan:

"OK so Sekeri (Link), wario (rat), fukuro (kirby), Takuro~. (puff), 2438 (DK) are the high level players that have showed interest. I'm 90% sure they will come if they get off of work. The problem is that it is super expensive for them to fly. I am giving them 1000USD to split for their airfares, and the cost of a single ticket is about 800USD. I am also paying for their housing and local transportation, and probably food. There are many other players that have showed interest in coming.

Other possibility is Alvin is traveling to Lima on Nov. 12 for his USA visa interview. If there was a way to expedited the process so that he got his visa before the tournament, I would make sure he gets to G3.

P.S. ふくろう = Fukurō (literally means owl)"

I'm guessing Karajan will start a thread on the NA ssb64 facebook group to start donations, but I wanted to post this here in case someone isn't on fb. Please show support for the Japanese players. Even $10 can go a long way.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Post this in reddit too, see if the other communities will donate. Mention something like Isai vs Japan/Peru
this has been posted on reddit alreaady. there's some sort of player fund for genesis that they have started, and cobr submitted the japanese players as a package.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3re8qc/introducing_the_rsmashbros_player_fund_first/

second top comment. you can read what's going on there.

Basically all of the top players for melee and smash 4 are already going regardless of the fund, so their nominations consist of OK players that can't afford to go. 64 is really the only game that benefits greatly from a fund like this because Japanese players are top 8 material, so we might actually get people donating for the Japanese since Isai is already going.

<Fruity>

Smash Apprentice
Best tournament ever incoming :roll:

PS: I'd donate if I wasn't broke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom