• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Japanese DEMO What do you want to see?

Jtails

Smash Lord
This may be a big claim, but we CAN have COMBOS

http://youtu.be/0byeu_ANCzU
The look excellent. It looks excellent. I've always had faith in the 3DS version, so I didn't expect much less. However, they exceed my expectations. Everyone is so clear and visible- the outlines help too. The only quirk I have is that when some large scale moves activate (Andross, Color TV Game 15), the characters do become a bit small. However, I wouldn't let that discourage you- it still looks great.

I am looking forward to playing the English version on my XL when it comes out and I was worried that the OG 3DS would be underwhelming. It looks like I was wrong- it's playing and looking great.
some dude, I really can't wait!! this is so exciting!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
This may be a big claim, but we CAN have COMBOS

http://youtu.be/0byeu_ANCzU

some dude, I really can't wait!! this is so exciting!
Agreed, combos exist. To me, they seem even easier than Project M! Well, to be honest, I'm pretty bad at combos myself, but I've been able to get a few small ones in as almost everyone that I've played as. I'm sure that a more proficient Smasher could easily figure some good ones out. I'm glad that this isn't the crazy-combo game that Melee was (I prefer Brawl's floatiness myself), but it's super-energizing to land even a small one. The way I see it, it looks like combos will be neat little damage dealers, but not be as game-breaking as they have been in the past.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Villager's recovery seems to be extremely good, if not best in game

Also, when Megaman does his up-B recovery, he uses these platforms to jump high... You can jump with him if you're fast enough
I'm speculating it's the same with Sonic and his up-B

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Also, when Megaman does his up-B recovery, he uses these platforms to jump high... You can jump with him if you're fast enough
Villager's recovery is beastly. His Up B is like Pit's old one when comparing distance, but it doesn't have the drawback of losing your Up B when you're hit. Not only that, but his balloons are quite difficult to break since it's hard to predict where he's going to be. CPU Villagers are annoying because whenever you knock them away up high, they ride their Lloid Rocket slowly where you can't reach them to stall... which is especially annoying in two minute matches.

Jtails

Smash Lord

Yeah it's just like Sonic's you can jump up with him!

Top Bottom