• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

japan pros vs. american pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico313

Smash Rookie
i was watchin some vids on youtube of some japanese pros (mikael, aniki, farce, and bombersoldier) and they seemed to be playin at a startlingly slower pace then the America pros on the MLG circuit (Excluding bombersoldier). Im not saying their bad players, but whats up with that?? Are the better players here in America? If not America what country turns out the base smash players?? i was just wondering.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Depends how old the video's are of the players your watching, but in general the best in Japan are about as good as the best in America. Ken went to Japan in 2005 and beat their best. Then in 2006 about a half dozen Japanese (the best being captain jack, bombsoldier/mashashi did not attend though unfortunately) came here for Ken's OC2, which Ken also won. ChuDat took second (IIRC).

Anyways, the Japanese "pros" are essentially the same as the American ones. I'm guessing you may have watched Aniki's link versus Ken's Marth's videos, which is more indicative of Aniki's style of play rather than the Japanese as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom