• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 25, 2014] Kumite in Tennessee 2014 - Melee/Project M - Jan 24-26 (Murfreesboro, TN)

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice

SMASH AT KIT WILL BE POWERED BY

We are proud to announce the return of our annual tournament, Kumite in Tennessee!

Date:
January 24-26, 2014
This will be a 3 day event that requires online preregistration and will use a pool system. The week before the tournament starts the pools will be announced and the tournament will be capped.

Pre-Register now at http://kitrevival.com/ and click on the Register for KiT 14 Link
or directly here: http://kitrevival.com/register
Spectator Pass: http://kitrevival.com/register/spectator-pass

Online Registration ends at midnight on Friday January 17, 2014 - one week before the tournament.

Sponsors

gamestergear.com

https://facebook.com/That8BitGuyBeadArt

gamegalaxyarcade

thescoreonline.com

Venue:
Lane Agri-Park Community Center
315 John R. Rice Blvd, Suite 101
Murfreesboro, TN 37129

If you came to our 2013 event, we are using the same place except we have the entire building this time. The room we are adding is twice the size of the room from 2013. The entire building is over 15,000 sq ft.

If you are flying, choose BNA – Nashville, TN. The airport is approximately 30-35 minutes from the venue.

We recommend the Super 8 that is near the venue. It is very nice as it was recently renovated. Most of the players who came to our 2013 event stayed there. It is less than 5 minutes away.
Super 8
127 Chaffin Pl, Murfreesboro, TN ‎37129
(615) 867-5000

Main Games:
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)
Street Fighter IV Latest Edition (Xbox 360)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360)
Soul Calibur V (PS3)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (Xbox 360)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube/Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Project M (Wii)
Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
Killer Instinct (Xbox One)

Friday Games - All Friday games are $10 per player with 70/20/10 split with the exception of Tekken which is free to enter. We will take all entry fees for Friday events at the venue.
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R (PS3)
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma (PS3)
Soul Calibur 2 HD (PS3)
Project M Doubles (Wii)
Melee Doubles (Gamecube/Wii)
Tekken Tag 2 3v3 Event (PS3)
Marvel 3v3 Event (Xbox 360)
Street Fighter IV 3v3 (XBox 360)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Tag (Xbox 360)

Rules
Game specific rules can be found here.

Fees
Venue fee: $30 for online registration starting in September. Onsite registration will be raised to $50 on Friday afternoon Jan 24th and only if there is room under the cap.

Game Fee: $10 per tournament game

Spectator Pass: $10 online or $20 at the door for your 3 day spectator ticket. Online spectator passes will be sold starting in January.

Prize Structure:

The prize is 70%/20%/10% split of entry fees or the following guaranteed minimum for every game (whichever is greater):

Street Fighter IV
1st: $700
2nd: $200
3rd: $100

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Melee
1st: $350
2nd: $100
3rd: $50

Project M
1st: $350
2nd: $100
3rd: $50

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
1st: $250 + Game Copy
2nd: 20% of entry fees
3rd: 10% of entry fees

Soul Calibur V
1st: $200

Persona 4 Arena

Killer Instinct

Tournament Schedule:
Friday (1PM doors open): Special Events, Team Tournaments, and Gaming Party. Exact Events TBA
Saturday (9 AM Doors Open): Pools for all main games. Finals for some games (TBA). Exact Pool Schedule released closer to tournament date, but expect the earliest pools to start at 11 AM.
Sunday (9 AM Doors Open): Finals (top 8) for some games (exact games TBA soon).

Online Streams
Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Persona at http://www.twitch.tv/kitrevival
Dead or Alive, Killer Instinct and Marvel at http://www.twitch.tv/Sixfortyfive
Street Fighter and Injustice at http://www.twitch.tv/PandaxGaming
Project M and Super Smash Bros. Melee at http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios

Top 8 Sunday will be broadcast by PandaXGaming and Smash Studios

There will be food and drinks for sale at the venue. Hot dogs / burgers / chips / soda.

If you would like to contact us directly email us at kumiteintn@gmail.com

Be sure to like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/KumiteInTennessee
Join our Facebook event at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1400804123468935/1400804126802268/

MANY MORE MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING SOON!

We comply with the Anti-Collusion rules set forth by SRK and the tournament community:

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

Project M Ruleset
  • 4 stock, 8 minutes.
  • Sets are best of 3. Semi-Finals, Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 5.
  • Items set to “off” and “none.”
  • Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
  • Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.
  • Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
  • For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
  • Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the person who pauses the game.
  • If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
  • Buffer set to off.
  • Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
  • Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
  • If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQ'ed without refund and banned from future events.
  • In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQ'ed at the TO’s discretion.
  • Coaching: Coaching is allowed but only 1 person per player/team. No extra people crowding up where the players are playing.
  • Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
Stage list:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)

Counterpicks:

Distant Planet
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Dracula's Castle
Norfair
Rumble Falls

Melee Ruleset (Apex Ruleset)

Singles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • DK 64
General Rules
  • Items are set to off
  • Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
  • Wobbling is legal.Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.
  • Double Blind: If elected
  • Contest Port Priority: If elected
  • Neutral Start: If elected
  • DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
  • Forced Character Selection: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.
  • Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.
  • Coaching: Coaching is allowed but only 1 person per player/team. No extra people crowding up where the players are playing.
  • Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
    • If you are5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
    • If you are10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
    • These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Team Attack: ON
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
  2. Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
  3. The players play the first match of the set
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
    For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
    For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Last edited:

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I'm intrigued by this tourney, sounds great. My only problem is that the venue fee seems a bit steep. Even if you sign up really early $30 is quite a bit, and I'm not sure what my schedule will be like by the time this tourney rolls around so I won't even be able sign up until a good bit later which means it'll be even more. I'm gonna try and make it, but the venue fee may stop me from being able to go

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
The Venue fee is well worth three days of tournaments and friendlies. Just make sure you get registered early. I can talk to the hosts about bringing people who bring full setups (CRT TV, Wii, Power Strip, Melee/Project M) getting a small refund. (like 5 dollars)

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
I'm intrigued by this tourney, sounds great. My only problem is that the venue fee seems a bit steep. Even if you sign up really early $30 is quite a bit, and I'm not sure what my schedule will be like by the time this tourney rolls around so I won't even be able sign up until a good bit later which means it'll be even more. I'm gonna try and make it, but the venue fee may stop me from being able to go

The good thing is, it being in January you have plenty of time to ask for the days off work!

Anywho... I will be there, and it'll be my first tourney! :D

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
As well as my first PM tourney!
Can't wait to see how offline is compared to WeeFee :3

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Protodude: Confirmed for KiT. I'll be there ASAP. I'll have two setups with me, but I may not be able to make it until Friday night.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Gonna try my best to make it to this. If I'm able to make it, I have a vehicle big enough to take 7 including myself. So if anyone from Chattanooga, or wants to meet in Chattanooga that needs a ride, I'll be happy to take some.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Tennessee already showing up in full force. Hopefully once it gets closer and I announce some big news we will get some out of state interest.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Announcement on prizes at KiT '14: Each of the 10 main games will have a minimum payout of $200 for first place.

That includes both of the Smash Bros. titles in our main lineup!

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
If I have nothing important to do on this date in college and can arrange a ride and housing with someone from Nashville to Murfreesboro, then I'll most definitely come!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
you guys already know that Ill be housing people for this. My new place will be much bigger but the floors are all pretty much hardwood. That being said, bring a sleeping bag/covers and pillows.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Is there no way for Brawl to be an event at this?

Our main game lineup for Saturday is set, but Brawl could possibly be announced as a Friday game. I would need to know there is a lot of interest for it, and I would need someone to run it. RIght now we are planning to do doubles on Friday for Melee and/or Project M. If you would like Brawl post up on the facebook event to see if anyone else would enter.

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I just confirmed my class schedule and registered for Kumite since it doesn't interfere. So I'm pretty hype for it. One question, can you register for a tournament day of? I didn't register for PM because the tourney itself is already pretty expensive, but I might change my mind about that later, so when is the latest date to register for a tourney?

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
I just confirmed my class schedule and registered for Kumite since it doesn't interfere. So I'm pretty hype for it. One question, can you register for a tournament day of? I didn't register for PM because the tourney itself is already pretty expensive, but I might change my mind about that later, so when is the latest date to register for a tourney?

You can register for an additional game on the Friday before the tournament so long as that game (Project M in your case) is not capped. There will be no Saturday registration of main games though.

Thank you very much for registering!

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Check out our KiT FAQ for more information about us: http://kitrevival.com/kit-faq

Here is an Excerpt:

Q: How do I know KiT 14 will be a well-run tournament?
A: We have a lot of experience running events dating back over 10 years including major events with multiple games. We value time efficiency and promptness in our events and KiT is a TRENDSETTER in these areas. We are constantly thinking about how to improve player experience by making the event run as smoothly as possible. Since we are players ourselves, we know how frustrating it is to stand around not knowing when your game will start or why there are several empty stations with no tournament matches being played – this will not be the case at KiT. Because of this we are using pre-registration and a pool system to avoid that situation at all costs.

Q: I am more of a casual player. Why should I come to KiT 14?
A: The typical response on why you need to come to a tournament is you will never get better unless you come out and challenge yourself and play against good players with something on the line. While this is true, we want to go above that reasoning for KiT, and that is why we have rented our venue for an entire extra day on Friday. We will have official events that day but it will be a gaming party for everyone to play casually and also include some events that are free to enter but have a monetary prize to encourage playing to win but in a more casual setting. We will have artwork and sponsor tables showcasing and selling items. Throughout the weekend you will be able to watch and learn from the best players of your favorite game. It is of utmost importance to us that everyone who comes feels like it was worth the investment and the time, even for those who are only there to watch and socialize.

Q: I am a tournament veteran or hardcore player. Why should I come to KiT 14?
A: We are dedicated to making this tournament attractive to the very best players in each of our games. We have guaranteed minimum payouts for every game that will ensure you are playing for something worthwhile. We are also working hard on our scheduling to make sure you will be playing at your best. While Friday will have more of a laid back vibe, Saturday will be all business as we complete pools. Each game will receive stream time be it on Saturday or Sunday, so if you advance far enough you will get your time to shine and showcase your skills to everyone. We understand we do not know every community well enough to construct and seed a bracket so we have enlisted sub-directors for every game that the community knows and trusts. We are dedicated to and invested in every one of our games at KiT and will make sure to give them the respect they deserve.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I'm interested in coming, and my best friends are interested as well. However I don't exactly have much money, so I'm trying to get some jobs here and there so I can go to this thing without being near-broke.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
oh wow someone from lebanon. Very cool. Do you have a group that plays? We have weekly get togethers at my place in Murfreesboro.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I play with my 2 best friends (the ones I would be bringing) whenever we hang out, but that's about it. I'm interested in the competitive scene while they play more casually. I checked your profile and found your address. It's about 50 min away from my house. I'll talk with my friends about attending some of your smashfest get-togethers.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice

We are pleased to announce a partnership with a new sponsor to KiT. GamesterGear is an innovative company specializing in quality gaming products such as headsets, speakers, chargers, controllers, and more. Their dedication to quality products and the players lines up with the core values of KiT. Stay tuned for more information regarding product drawings to give to our players who have registered online, and in the meantime be sure to check out their website and like their Facebook page.
http://www.gamestergear.com
https://www.facebook.com/Gamestergear

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested in coming, and my best friends are interested as well. However I don't exactly have much money, so I'm trying to get some jobs here and there so I can go to this thing without being near-broke.

Hey man, there are still over 3 months to save up for the tournament. I hope to see you there!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
$30 dollars to get in the door? Ouch. I'm interested in coming, but it would be $60 for venue plus events on top of gas from Mobile, food, and a hotel room if I don't have housing. On top of that, it's the weekend after APEX which I am already committed to attending.

I want to bring an AL car, but I just don't think it's in the cards for me, but I'll see what I can do and find out who's interested around here.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, I'm going through Atlanta to get there. If you can make it to Atlanta, you can ride with me the rest of the way.

Lol, that's a little out of the way. However, I'd be going through Atlanta or Birmingham to get anywhere by Megabus.

Is it closer to Memphis or Knoxville and is there a possibility of getting a ride from the Megabus station? If it's Knoxville, I'd have to bus through Atlanta or drive.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
I think KO is housing people for it? At the very least I know I'll be crashed on his floor. Ahahaha

Top Bottom