• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 24, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazy 8" Tournament! (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Hey Smashers!

We hope everyone that came to the first installment of our "
Crazy 8" tournament had a "GR8" time! Thank you to all the competitors (94), thank you to all who helped us (many), thank you for all the awesome comments about our tournament (a lot), and thank you for such great
sportsmanship! (all)

We truly appreciate you all!!

****Here are the results and pictures of all our top winners! (Click link below)****

http://smashboards.com/threads/matthews-smashers-crazy-8-results-60-wii-u-entrants.388389/

**Check out the recorded games (Click link below)**
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP3jpbEvA-3jQBBNJPNpeV0oFneQGGcK8

Top Winners for Project M: (pictured left to right)
1st Place- KDG Stingers; 2nd Place- Starlord;
3rd Place- TAH

Project M "Crazy 8" Winner- Glish

Top Winners of Melee: (pictured left to right)
1st Place-KDG Stingers; 2nd Place- TAH;
3rd Place- Starlord; Melee "Crazy 8" Winner- Red Panda Sneak

Top Winners for Wii U: 1st Place-KDG Stingers (far left); 2nd Place- Red Panda Kai (back right); 3rd Place- GQ (3rd from left); 4th Place- Red Panda Sneak (4th from left); Tied for 5th Place- Starlord (2nd from left) and Red Panda Stockfield (far right);
Wii U "Crazy 8" Winner- Scotty O.B (not pictured)
Winner of the "Crazy 8" Raffle- Ski (not pictured)

We are amazed at how well you all are improving with each tournament! Keep on Smashin' and get back to our next tournament on February 21st....it's gonna be even "CRAZIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4palutena::4ness::4tlink::4sonic::4shulk::bowsermelee::falconmelee::peachmelee::younglinkmelee::kirbymelee::mewtwopm::roypm::4mario::4luigi::4wario2::4ganondorf::4greninja:
:4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4duckhunt::4megaman::4lucina::4lucario::4link::4gaw::dkmelee::drmario::falcomelee::foxmelee::ganondorfmelee::icsmelee::jigglypuffmelee::gawmelee::pikachumelee::roymelee::samusmelee:

WELCOME to MATTHEWS SMASHERS

"CRAZY 8's"

TOURNAMENT
DETAILS

debuting on JANUARY 24, 2015!
This tournament is gonna be CRAZY fun....
You'll be
:4shulk::4shulk:"REALLY FEELING IT":4shulk::4shulk:
when you're done!!!

The Start of Registration and Warm-ups: 11:00AM
***Registration ends promptly at the start of each tourney***
+Brackets will be seeded by our last 3 tournament results, State Power Rankings, Charlotte Ladders, and Smashboards!+
Start times:
Project M Singles (3.5 version) at 12:00

Melee Singles at 1:30
Smash 4 Wii U Singles at 3:00

(All tournaments are double elimination!)

Venue/Door Fee: $8.00
We are in need of 5 (we have all the rest) complete Wii U set-ups (consisting of Wii U, Smash 4 game with all characters and stages unlocked, and game cube adapter) No T.V's are needed. The first 5 that bring these complete set-ups will be refunded $4.00 at the end of the tournament play. We truly appreciate all who bring one!

Each Tournament Entry Fee: $8.00
This $8.00 fee will go into a pot for each event you enter (Melee, Smash 4 Singles, and/or Project M) with 100% Payout per Tourney!

The Payout:
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%
4th place and beyond - Much gained experience!

Crazy 8 $1.00 Side Matches

Venue Guidelines:
1. No Unsportsmanlike Conduct
2. No Cursing/Swearing or use of Profanity
3. No Alcohol or Illegal Substances
4. No Spamming/Stalling
5. No ear-side coaching During the game
6. You must Respect the Facility and the Equipment
7. You must Respect the Ruleset of each Game
8. You must Respect each Other

Parking:
Parking is free and allowed on all sides of the facility.

Hungry?
There WILL be a snack bar at the venue! All snacks are
$1.00 each!

Don't Forget....
When entering Smash 4 Wii U, Melee and/or Project M, bring your OWN CONTROLLER!

Melee Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:

• Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Yoshi’s Story
    • Dream Land
    • Fountain of Dreams
Counter-Pick: *Pokemon Stadium

Project M Ruleset:
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:

• Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville
    • Pokemon Stadium 2
    • Dreamland (64)
    • Fountain of Dreams
    • Yoshi’s Story (Melee)
Counter-Pick:
    • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
    • Pokemon Stadium 1
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Wario Ware
    • Green Hill Zone
    • Skyloft
    • Skyworld
Smash 4 Wii U Ruleset:
3 Stock, 8 min, no items, no miis

Neutral Stages:

• Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Smashville
    • Town and City
    • Lylat Cruise
Counter-Picks:
    • Castle Siege
    • Halberd
    • Omega Stages
    • Kongo Jungle 64

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE MATTHEWS SMASHERS "CRAZY 8" TOURNAMENT ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 24TH, 2015!
UNTIL THEN, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!!
:4robinm::4drmario::4dedede::4wiifit::4myfriends::4charizard::zerosuitsamus::zelda::wolf::4bowserjr::4ness::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::gw::4link::4lucario::4peach::4palutena:

Last edited:

Dmil86

Smash Cadet
So I am curious to what type of people show up to these? Mainly what are the ages? I am 28 and have a lot of appreciation for the competitive smash scene but Honestly I am not wanting to be the "old guy".

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
So I am curious to what type of people show up to these? Mainly what are the ages? I am 28 and have a lot of appreciation for the competitive smash scene but Honestly I am not wanting to be the "old guy".
Don't worry. I've gone to 2 of these and as many kids there are that attend these, there are also a good number of college students and even a few in their late 20s. So don't worry about standing out like that. You'll have a good time, I can promise that.

Dmil86

Smash Cadet
Don't worry. I've gone to 2 of these and as many kids there are that attend these, there are also a good number of college students and even a few in their late 20s. So don't worry about standing out like that. You'll have a good time, I can promise that.
Thanks for the feedback. If I end up being free I may just see if I can make it! I may get stomped but I can be a good sport about it :)

Boondocker

Smash Ace
Im 24 and Ive never been to a tourney. I'll be going to this one though. Im excited to see how I stack up and to rep my boy Pika!!

ShredMan3

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShredMan3
3DS FC
3883-6060-7060
can't wait to see some old friends and make some new ones, been practicing , be ready!

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
Most likely attending this as my first tourney since I started competitive Melee! I hope to learn some stuff about Sheik from other people that main her.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Think I can finally go to a Matthews Smashers event since October or November. I'll be working hard this month on PM and Sm4sh, I can't wait.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I've been to every Matthews Smashers events except for 1, and I am a teacher. That said, it is probably slightly younger than most other Charlotte tournaments because it draws a lot of high school students. If you're worried about being the only adult there, don't worry. Come out and have fun.

Vorosh

Smash Apprentice

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Turns out I have an SAT that day, which gets out around 1PM. Last tournament had PM starting at 12:30, but hopefully an exception can be made for me :D

Last edited:

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Turns out I have an SAT that day, which gets out around 1PM. Last tournament had PM starting at 12:30, but hopefully an exception can be made for me :D
Hey Glish! So sorry, but PM starts at 12:00. However, you can for sure make Melee, Smash 4, and other events we have planned!! We are really looking forward to seeing you again, after you make an outstanding score on your SAT!!!! :-)

Last edited:

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
Hey, I've been to every Matthews Smashers events except for 1, and I am a teacher. That said, it is probably slightly younger than most other Charlotte tournaments because it draws a lot of high school students. If you're worried about being the only adult there, don't worry. Come out and have fun.
O.o Hey Vorosh what school do you teach at? if you don't mind sharing.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
This tourney sounds awesome sounds like a "crazy" way to start this awesome year of smash

Last edited:

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
*Is happy cause smash 4 has 3 stocks*
The Smash 4 ruleset looks like a really good one, but I'd put Duck Hunt instead of Castle Siege. I think a walkoff is much worse than a bush that hides you for a few seconds. Then again, the stages are probably the most debated thing Smash 4 at the moment.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Your a High school teacher? I thought you were in high school LMAO

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
Hey Glish! So sorry, but PM starts at 12:00. However, you can for sure make Melee, Smash 4, and other events we have planned!! We are really looking forward to seeing you again, after you make an outstanding score on your SAT!!!! :-)
during warm ups, will you have any melee setups set up/ will they be avaliable at request?

Dmil86

Smash Cadet
If you haven't already, join us on facebook:
Ah thanks I was looking to find a facebook group! What grade/subject do you teach? I feel like all the teachers I know have to much work to do on the weekends to do anything like this ha!

Top Bottom