• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 17, 2015] Final Battle - MVD/Nakat/Nairo/ESAM/Denti! Register Online! (Los Angeles, CA)

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone! I'm gonna try to go to this, look for a Mr. Saturn style Ness or "CORNBRD"

Also, what time should I get there? Implying I want time to practice and socialize.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
So are there any age restrictions or anything of the sort? It's that I'm 15, and that's pretty young for a Smasher, since most Smashers are most likely older than 18, and I'm only wondering in case there's like an "All people under X must be accompanied by an adult" sort of thing.

Also, do we pay at the event? It's my first time going to a real life Smash tourney, so I don't know the ropes of paying for stuff. That being said, Venue is just for if you want to host a booth, right? Because I only intend to play in Smash 4 singles, which means I only have to pay for Smash 4 singles, right?

Last edited:

Wonder_Chef

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5129-1632-4146
So are there any age restrictions or anything of the sort? It's that I'm 15, and that's pretty young for a Smasher, since most Smashers are most likely older than 18, and I'm only wondering in case there's like an "All people under X must be accompanied by an adult" sort of thing.

Also, do we pay at the event? It's my first time going to a real life Smash tourney, so I don't know the ropes of paying for stuff. That being said, Venue is just for if you want to host a booth, right? Because I only intend to play in Smash 4 singles, which means I only have to pay for Smash 4 singles, right?

You pay at the event, and everyone has to pay the venue fee to get into the venue, then separately for each game.

So if you play one game it's 10$ Venue + 10$ Entry for 20$

If you play three games it's 10$ Venue + 3x 10$ Entry, so 40$

The venue fee goes to support the venue, and the entry money all goes to the pot, so if 100 people enter (at 10$ each) the prize pot ends up being 1000$, which all goes to the top 8 or 6 or whatever.

I'm not sure about age restrictions for this tournament, but the one time I went to this venue it didn't seem like there were any age restrictions.

GruntMasher117

Smash Rookie

no worries. I checked out everything.......even a 10 year old can enter ;-)

i also recomend Brawl over Smash 4 but the choice is yours dude

T0MMY

Smash Master
Subject to change but I dont want any customizations what so ever, and its too much of hassle to get a standard mii going. Because its unfair if you have a heavier/lighter Mii, so its going to be banned.
I guess if you want to alienate some players of that character so they don't attend the tournament then that is your call.
Sorry, as a Mii player I can't attend this :^(

Wouldn't the simpler solution to a "default" Mii is to just not ban the character at all?
They are not "Custom", turn the Custom Fighter switch: OFF and see for yourself.

Not sure what a heavier/lighter Mii has to do with a ban. Heavier/lighter than what? Like Bowser is heavier than any Mii and Jigglypuff is lighter than any Mii, it seems like they'd be banned as well.

D

Deleted member

Schedule:
11:00 am Venue opens, signups begin and setups are open for friendlies
12:30 pm Signups for doubles start coming to a close and no more friendlies will be allowed on tournament setups
1:00 pm Doubles start shortly
2:00 pm Signups for singles start coming to a close
2:30 pm Singles begins shortly

If you know you're going to be late to either events, here is what you can do.

1. Message me on facebook
2. Text me at (818) 876-2090
3. Call the venue at (818) 825-0054
with your tag, what time you'll get there, tell me if you've registered or not, and (if you are entering doubles) your partners tag.

Some rules to take note of:
If you are doing a friendly on a tournament setup while the tournament is going on, we will not hesitate to DQ you. We need to use all the setups we can have. There may be a designated area or time where you can do casual matches, but please help us both by letting the tournament go by faster.
Please be prompt upon being called for a tournament match. You will be given 10 minutes MAX before you are DQd from that set. Ask the TO if it is okay to get food at that time. Please let us know if you are going to be away for a period of time so we can take that into account.

Lastly, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not play your matches if they have not been called. We have a set order of calling the matches and your doing that will only delay the tournament.

Looking forward to seeing you all there this saturday and hope everyone especially socal has been practicing for this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
First time entering a tournament and Im curious about the character selection.
Do you stick with 1 character 5ever or can you switch them up whenever you want?

D

Deleted member

First time entering a tournament and Im curious about the character selection.
Do you stick with 1 character 5ever or can you switch them up whenever you want?
You can use as many characters and whoever you want, except for Miis. Generally after a match, the winner may switch his character first, then the loser switches after.

mightychir

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0387-9912-4573
Alright looks like my friend ain't going anymore due to work so this leaves me with transportation issues lol. Anyone know anyone that is cool to carpool? Im willing to pay for gas money. Im in the Alhambra/South Pasadena/Moneterey Park area.

D

Deleted member

Alright looks like my friend ain't going anymore due to work so this leaves me with transportation issues lol. Anyone know anyone that is cool to carpool? Im willing to pay for gas money. Im in the Alhambra/South Pasadena/Moneterey Park area.
If you have a facebook, post on the event page there.

D

Deleted member

We are changing the schedule a bit for things to run smoothly; it is your responsibility to notice these changes.

SCHEDULE:
11:00 am Venue opens and registration/friendlies will be available
12:00 pm Registration for doubles starts coming to a close -- no exceptions! call ahead if your late, but I cannot guarantee your spot in the bracket
12:30 pm Doubles begins, friendlies will need to stop on tournament setups
1:00 pm Singles registration will start coming to a close
1:30 pm Singles begins shortly -- be alert and aware if your name is called for your match. We will not hesitate to DQ people.

Top Bottom