• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 10, 2015] SOD VI: New Age of Smash! (Buena Park, CA)

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
SOD Confirmed Players: Lucky, Humble Dojo, Matt Hazard, TaterNater, Disqo, Mike Haze, & many other great players!

Smash 4 (WiiU): Singles/Doubles
Project M 3.5: Singles/Doubles
Melee: Singles
(Possible N64 on the side)

When: Thursday January 10th
Time: 11:00AM Doors Open

Melee Singles: 12:30PM
Project M 3.5 Doubles: 1:30PM
Project M 3.5 Singles: 3:00PM
Smash 4 Doubles: 4:00PM
Smash 4 Singles: 6:00PM

*times subject to change, any advice on what to post first would be appreciated!

Venue: $5
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 Per Person

Ruleset Postings located on smashboards.com

Special Thanks to the great crew of people that have always helped me with the events: John Edward Tenorio, John-David Zipper, Ryan Butuyan, Jimmy Nguyen, Joel Richard George, Alex Colucci, David Kim, David Lee, Corey Fields, Tanner Robbins, Cody Pesqueira, & Mitch Brimhall

Look forward to seeing you all there!
Be keeping my eyes on APEX, to possibly compete next year, if things go well!

FYI: Parking is located across the street at the baseball fields park.

Last edited:

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
Tournament postings are so confusing, in the post it says "when:december 11th" and then on top right of the page it says jan 10th 2015
Sorry about that I just saw that.. updated it, its January 10th and ima be changing the times of the games when brackets start

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
This is close to my house. I've never been to a tournament before so I'll try to come by.

So there are no melee doubles?
Um it's possible just depends on how many setups I can get, so if you have a tv an system pleas bring :)

anikom15

Smash Apprentice
Um it's possible just depends on how many setups I can get, so if you have a tv an system pleas bring :)
So I have a small CRT TV, but I've seemed to have misplaced my composite cables for my Wii :/ I have a Gamecube that should work but I don't have my original Melee disc anymore. I'll still bring my stuff. I'll try to borrow one of my friend's Melee discs, too.

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
yea bring whatever you can, and there should be a lot of players, like round 50

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
when you sign up, we will place you in bracket, and just call you when its your turn, its best of 3, and when it gets to finals and grand finals, its best of 5. friendlies will be going on in the beginning

MegaMax

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0533-6611-1034
Hmm. Its really close to where I live. And I've never been to a tournament guess I might check it out . I have a GameCube that I can bring. May also bring the Wii u system as well.

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
Hmm. Its really close to where I live. And I've never been to a tournament guess I might check it out . I have a GameCube that I can bring. May also bring the Wii u system as well.
Awesome! Yeah any an all setups really help torn things smoothly if you could bring that would be great as well as like power strips, extensions cords an CRT ha always help

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
PLEASE! Bring setups for the tourney to help ensure that it runs smoothly!
Setups include: CRT TVS, WiiU, Wii, Gamecube,
Game Copies: Smash 4, Melee, PM SD Cards
Power Supply: Surge Protectors, Extension Cords

Really will help! and I appreciate all the help I could get to make sure it runs well! :)

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
Is this on Thursday or Saturday?
Saturday Jan. 10th and here are the rules
RULESET: Smash 4
Singles: 2 stock, 5 minute time limit.
Doubles: 3 stock 8 minute time limit.
Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination (all FDs**), Smashville
Counterpick: Town & City, Halberd, Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Delfino Plaza
**You can agree to play on any FD stage, but if one cannot be agreed upon, Battlefield FD will be used.
- 1 Stage ban (Banning FD will ban all FDs)
- First stage picked by striking from neutrals. Each player takes off 1 stage, the remaining one is the one played on.
- If time runs out, the winner will be decided by who has more stocks. If both players have the same amount of stocks, the player with the lower percent is the winner.
- Custom Moves banned
- Miis banned
- Equipment banned

zFlash

Smash Rookie
So will the total entry be $10 for the Smash 4 entry, $5-Entry $5-Venue= $10 total???

Also, I am moving in the morning so I'm not sure exactly what time I'll be able to make it so I wanted to see when is the latest time for registration for the Smash 4 Singles??? Thanks in advance! Can't wait to play :)

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
So will the total entry be $10 for the Smash 4 entry, $5-Entry $5-Venue= $10 total???

Also, I am moving in the morning so I'm not sure exactly what time I'll be able to make it so I wanted to see when is the latest time for registration for the Smash 4 Singles??? Thanks in advance! Can't wait to play :)
Yeah $10 total if your just doing smash 4 singles, and latest will be 6:15pm, look forward to seein you out there

corey taylor

Smash Rookie
SOD Confirmed Players: Lucky, Humble Dojo, Matt Hazard, TaterNater, Disqo, Mike Haze, & many other great players!

Smash 4 (WiiU): Singles/Doubles
Project M 3.5: Singles/Doubles
Melee: Singles
(Possible N64 on the side)

When: Thursday January 10th
Time: 11:00AM Doors Open

Melee Singles: 12:30PM
Project M 3.5 Doubles: 1:30PM
Project M 3.5 Singles: 3:00PM
Smash 4 Doubles: 4:00PM
Smash 4 Singles: 6:00PM

*times subject to change, any advice on what to post first would be appreciated!

Venue: $5
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 Per Person

Ruleset Postings located on smashboards.com

Special Thanks to the great crew of people that have always helped me with the events: John Edward Tenorio, John-David Zipper, Ryan Butuyan, Jimmy Nguyen, Joel Richard George, Alex Colucci, David Kim, David Lee, Corey Fields, Tanner Robbins, Cody Pesqueira, & Mitch Brimhall

Look forward to seeing you all there!
Be keeping my eyes on APEX, to possibly compete next year, if things go well!

FYI: Parking is located across the street at the baseball fields park.
ive never been to a smash bros tournament, do you have to be there right at 11 to join?

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
ive never been to a smash bros tournament, do you have to be there right at 11 to join?
No just keep in mind the time of the games you want to play and please be here before the games start so we can place you in the brackets. And there is no age restrictions all welcome!

Dillon Grandy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6408-4270
who won singles? I was going to for sure go but i thought it was tomorrow.
FINAL RESULTS SOD VI

64: 1st: SOD | CuLeX
2nd: Rancho
3rd: KP

MELEE: 1st: Larry Lurr
2nd: Lucky
3rd: MYL

PM: 1st: Lucky
2nd: Larry Lurr
3rd: Lobo

Smash 4 Doubles: 1st: Champ/Larry Lurr
2nd: Kris/Krizzy