• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jak and Daxter Precurse the Battle! - Smash Support Thread

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the support thread for Jak and Daxter!
X

So, who are Jak and Daxter?

Jak and Daxter are from the series of the same name, Jak and Daxter, which started on the PS2 with Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy in 2001, with it's most recent installment being Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier in 2009. Jak and Daxter both appear in Sony's "attempt" at Smash Bros., Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale as playable characters. Jak is a human, while Daxter is an ottzel. Both are considered icons of the PS2 era, among the likes of Ratchet & Clank.

But they're Playstation characters!
Yep, they are. While a Playstation rep is super unlikely, almost anythings possible. Although, I don't see it happening as unlike Microsoft, Sony doesn't seem to want to collaborate with competitors, but I'd still love to see it happen.

Game History

2001 (PS2, PS3, PSV, PS4)

2003 (PS2, PS3, PSV, PS4)

2004 (PS2, PS3, PSV, PS4)

2005 (PS2, PS4)

2006 (PSP, PSV)

2009 (PS2, PSP)

Eco Supporters
TheThingamajigRayman TheThingamajigRayman
Zinith Zinith
NOSTARSICK NOSTARSICK
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu

Last edited:

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see them as well! Such a good series that needs to come back
Yep, it does. Haven't had anything in the last ten years for them besides an appearance in PSABR and the trilogy ports if I remember right. We have Ratchet & Clank returning with the PS5, so perhaps Jak and Daxter will return as well! Just have to wait!

And also, added! :)

Last edited:

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Yep, it does. Haven't had anything in the last ten years for them besides an appearance in PSABR and the trilogy ports if I remember right. We have Ratchet & Clank returning with the PS5, so perhaps Jak and Daxter will return as well! Just have to wait!

And also, added! :)
I really hope they return...Rachet had a great reboot and Jak deserves it as well!

Thanks!

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, if everyone in PSABR migrated to Smash they'd be much better off LMAO
Yeah. I've personally never played PSABR, but based on reviews, it seems not very fun. Smash however does a great job at representing franchises AND being a good game.

Of course I support. A monumental series in gaming history. Plus, we need more support for Playstation characters.
Adding you to the Eco Supporters! Also, agreed!

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
You're not missing out. I played it to avoid overlaps for hypothetical movesets. IIRC Jak used his hoverboard, the Jak 2 guns and Dark/Light Jak for Super Moves. It's faithful but the game isn't worth it.

Anyway, got any splashcard ideas? I thought of one as a joke:
Jak & Daxter
Get Eco-Friendly!

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
You're not missing out. I played it to avoid overlaps for hypothetical movesets. IIRC Jak used his hoverboard, the Jak 2 guns and Dark/Light Jak for Super Moves. It's faithful but the game isn't worth it.

Anyway, got any splashcard ideas? I thought of one as a joke:
Jak & Daxter
Get Eco-Friendly!
It might not be very good, but I kinda want to get it regardless to see how similiar it is to Smash, and I like most of the properties in the crossover. I'm pretty sure PSABR had a rushed development, so that's probably why it was so "average". Sometimes I wonder what a sequel could be like, but it's extremely unlikely due to the dev's of this game went out of business two years after the game came out. Still, something to think about.

Hmmm, I have one, and it's in the thread title. I should probably think of a better one though.

Jak & Daxter
Precurse The Battle!

Last edited:
Top Bottom