• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Reset Alternative

bicth

Smash Cadet
Because Snake's jab is so high off the ground, it doesn't hit a lot of helpless fighters. I've found that a SHFFLed nair will do the same thing as a jab, as long as you hit with the first or second kick. It's hard to get used to, but it works pretty well.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
I've found that this also happens with the jab combo: either the second or third hit misses. I've mostly fixed it by mixing up my input timing, so maybe a similar issue exists here? Nair jabbing seems limiting given the massive frame dedication it takes (5 frame jumpsquat + 6 frame hitbox + 8 frames lcancelled = 19, and that assumes you hit with the first kick) if you misread in a tech chase scenario. What about f-tilt to reset the techchase? Comes out frame 4 (vs jab's frame 3) and the hitbox extends down to Snake's knee.

Risky

Smash Ace
Dair is extremely good as a jab reset. You can fall through platforms while doing it too. However many hits you want really.

PajamasM

Smash Cadet
This could work for the characters that fall too low for our jab, but because of all the time it takes to start up and recover from, it has much less followups and less opportunities to be used as someone could possibly already roll away if you try to use it on reaction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom