• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Lag?

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how many frames of lag are on the first hit of the A combo? People are saying it comes out on frame 1 everywhere, but no where does it mention (even in Adapt's Indepth Statistics Thread) how many frames of lag are on each of the hits. Also, in general, does the jab cancel into d-tilt combo work on fast falling characters (metaknight, spacies) and not floaties or the other way around?

Adapt

Smash Lord
The first/second jab doesn't really lift people off the ground, (even at 999%) so I don't think it makes a difference whether they are fast falling or not

Instead, lighter characters are affected more by hitstun, so it is more effective on Jiggs/GaW etc

As for ending frames.... No idea, It would be nice to get the info, but I have no way of counting frames. 3GOD was the one who got the frame data in my topic for me.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
The first hit on her jab combo is roughly 1/3rd of a second (21.35 frames). So you have about 20 frames of lag time after the initial hit unless you're following up with the next hit.

cba

Smash Master
i got a question, there is this frame between the 2nd hit and 3rd hit from her AAA that someone could shield and grab. that happens to me online. could that happen offline? or its due to lag

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
Just use the first hit, then use down-tilt because pressing down shortens the lag on the jab I believe.

Top Bottom