• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jab desync option?

jce_climber

Smash Rookie
I've been labbing some jab desync combos, and one of the options I had come up with was this (popo) [nana]: (jab) [dash forward 1-6 frame window (held)] [u-tilt 1-6 frame window (held)]

with a continuation of:
... (u-tilt delayed 21-23 frames after first hit of previous u-tilt) [footstool squall] (dash forward grab pummel) (f-throw) [short hop fair spike]

note: for this to be true the summation of the dash forward and u-tilt input must add up to 8 frames or less otherwise the second jab could not be true, and the utilt must be input after the initial dash animation.

This doesn't kill but is an interesting concept for combo options after jab desync. another string is (jab) [dash forward (held)] (late f-tilt). you have to input the last tilt a bit late to do a dash attack. This is neat because the second jab popo's jab 2 connects into another hit (mostly around ~0%), and since jab 2 is one of the grounded moves that have little lag (both forward tilt and jab 2 are 29 frames long) only beat out by jab 1 which is 27 frames.

What do you think of the potential of this jab desync option, and what continuations can you come up with? i will likley be posting a frame by frame for those who are having a bit of trouble understanding so stay tuned for that post (will likley be in about a week)

Top Bottom