• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Cancel - use it?

:034:

Smash Hero
So, the Jab Cancel, should it be used? Jabs are pretty fast, after all. I usually use jab-jab-dtilt as dtilt does more damage and is pretty fast, but maybe other options are better? Tell me what you think.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I use it sometimes. Dtilt seems to be the best move to follow up with

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
I personally use F-tilt after a jab cancel, it's as fast as D-tilt (or even faster) it shield pokes, it has better damage and knockback than D-tilt and it has little lag.

The only bad thing I can see with it is that it can be shield grabbed easily, I can't recall if D-tilt can be shield grabbed as well though...

Edit: just tested it, and D-tilt can be shield grabbed as well, but F.tilt is slower.

I guess you can alternate between them and keep you opponent guessing.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Jab, Jab, Jab is the only true combo in that string. Cancel into a mixup if the enemy shields one of the first two hits.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Wolf's Jab cancel is kinda slow, and the tilts really aren't that helpful, unless you can cancel sucessfully into a smash attack...? THat'd be interesting, Jab jab Dsmash. But yeah, none of it is a "True" combo. However, you just kinda have to go off how the opponent reacts. If they shield, grab 'em, if they don't shield, Attack, if they spotdodge, charge attack.

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
I recently had my first 2 jabs shielded, but before i could get grabbed, I blasted his face lol. It worked once lol, and it was funny, but usually you're gonna get grabbed.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I don't think that any jab cancels are for sure hits, however, they are a great mix-up, I've been trying to implement them into my game play, So far Jab Jab Dtilt works decently well, also Jab -> Fsmash. WOrks quite well ^^

And of course, Jab Jab grab is just as efficient =P

And to top it all off, my favorite kill move. Jab -> Dsmash.

It has its uses I believe, obviously none are for sure hits, but it never hurts trying ^^

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
This thread is dead....

And yeah, if there was a slight bit more of Hitstun, but there isn't D=

Has anyone else experimented with the jab cancel? I've found it to be relatively effective. Nothing is really guaranteed, but it's a freakin' great way to mix stuff up.

Hasn't ANYONE else experimented with this?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes, I did.

Sometimes I can pull of a nice pseudo combo with it. SH nair -> Jab -> Jab -> (Cancel) -> Dtilt -> Dtilt
The last hit usually depends on whether the opponent trips on the dtilt but either way it's a decent string of hits to put great pressure on enemies shields. They usually don't expect it to come out. It's not easy to do though.

Top Bottom