• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab cancel to footstool-disable setup.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
I think the title says it all. I really don't see a reason why to not try a footstool-disable setup after a first hit jab at high percents, instead of a usual dtilt to fair or upair string. It works with rar nair so why not right? Even though after a jab cancel there is a slight time for the other player (assuming he is really focused) to shield in comparison with the nair but it is so much more easier to set it up as well as perform it.

Has anyone ever performed this before succesfully? Even so, do you guys think it is a viable kill setup? I wanna hear yor opinions!

:150:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I think the title says it all. I really don't see a reason why to not try a footstool-disable setup after a first hit jab at high percents, instead of a usual dtilt to fair or upair string. It works with rar nair so why not right? Even though after a jab cancel there is a slight time for the other player (assuming he is really focused) to shield in comparison with the nair but it is so much more easier to set it up as well as perform it.

Has anyone ever performed this before succesfully? Even so, do you guys think it is a viable kill setup? I wanna hear yor opinions!

:150:
Are you talking about Jab-Footstool- Disable? If so, then it doesn't work. Raykz and I tested this back in January, and there are too many open frames at too great of a risk. Also, it works best at Percents where simply disabling is safer, more consistent and more reliable.

Jab-RAR Nair doesn't work. Jab-Dtilt can be jumped out of at higher percents, with that only having 13 frames in between the two, maybe more. Jab-Disable would have 5 frames of jump squat as well as 7 frames of start-up. Not to mention the minimum of 2 frames for the RAR. It would require a serious mistake, mashing buttons, to get them. In theory at least.

Also, Dtilt-RAR Nair is only a mix-up option, though it is reliable.

Top Bottom