• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab 1 Question

Stroimex

Smash Rookie
Hello again!
While feeling myself with sweet info coming from You Tube tournaments I noticed that Jigglypuffs "hit" the oponents when they fall and (Maybe, not sure) do a get up attack using a Jab and THEN short hop and rest.
So, the jab is to make a bit more damage, setting up the rest or cancel the get up attack in case there is one to punish afterwards?

TheKenoshaKid

Smash Rookie
Hey man I gotta be honest I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here so apologies if I'm not giving you what you're asking for.

If an opponent misses a tech and is just lying on the ground a Jigglypuff can hit them with one jab which will force them to do a slow getup and lead to an easy shorthop rest. This video has a few examples.

Again I hope that answered your question...

Stroimex

Smash Rookie
Hey man I gotta be honest I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here so apologies if I'm not giving you what you're asking for.

If an opponent misses a tech and is just lying on the ground a Jigglypuff can hit them with one jab which will force them to do a slow getup and lead to an easy shorthop rest. This video has a few examples.

Again I hope that answered your question...
Exactly what I was asking. Thanks.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Yeah, this is called a jab reset. That's pretty much the only thing Puff's jab is good for as far as I know. Jab reset rest is godlike.

Stroimex

Smash Rookie
Yeah, this is called a jab reset. That's pretty much the only thing Puff's jab is good for as far as I know. Jab reset rest is godlike.
The only good? Isn't it usefull to grab after both hits?

Top Bottom