• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

J.TwisT Presents Sierra Vista's 8/22/08 Melee Tournament

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Sierra Vista Melee Tournament
(Possibly Bi or Tri Weekly from now on)
Find our town thread here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=76908
I hosted my first tournament at my house today!
Tournament started 8:20 Pm Concluded 10:35 Pm
There were 10 entrants 1v1.
Double elimination.
Only main tournament stages.
(Final Destination, Dream land, Yoshi's Story, Battle Field, Fountain of dreams, Poke'mon stadium)
Videos will be on youtube from V3ctorman, AzAxe, or JosephTwist soon. I'll post the link on this thread and the Sierra Vista thread.

1)Axe (Falco/Pikachu)
2)V3ctorman (Falco/Mewtwo)
3)Yeah! (Falco)
4)Smurf (Link)
5)DonMagicWand(C. Falcon)
5)J.Twist (C. Falcon)
7)Arrow (Falco)
7)Masta Deltron (Samus)
9)Hawk (Marth)
9)V2 (Link)

They were all amazing matches, and we met an interesting new guy, who really loves melee, thanks for coming V2!!

Anyone from anywhere can come to Sierra Vista and participate.

Doubles:
We had five teams, doubles were played before singles.

1)Big Thangs Poppin' (Axe & Vman)
2)JY Twisted (YEAH! & J.TwisT)
3)3030 (Masta Deltron & DonMagicWand)
4)Broke Back Brawlers (Arrow & Hawk)
5)Team Courage (Smurf & V2)

Hope to see everyone back in two weeks! December 13th, at my house until further notice.

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
i wont argue with your opinion even though i dont like it but we barely fineshed the melee tourney by itself and im pretty sure everyone wants to play melee first. you,patrick and maybe sabastion and carlton will be the only ones to play it .........melee?

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
If its for cash everyone will enter, and maybe we should do a full day set, melee doubles, brawl doubles, brawl singles, melee singles. it'll be on december 6th

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Melee>Brawl, but Joey, if we do biweeklies of both>more people will come>the more people that come>the more people we can convert to melee, its an if>then statement. But hey, I liked hosting that and I wanna do it more.

Arrow.

Smash Rookie
Melee>Brawl, but Joey, if we do biweeklies of both>more people will come>the more people that come>the more people we can convert to melee, its an if>then statement. But hey, I liked hosting that and I wanna do it more.
exactly. more ppl will come. cuz more ppl in SV are noob and prefer brawl over Melee. i actually prefer melee. im just better at brawl.

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
Uh more people will come from everywhere. Actually the majority of real smashers in SV prefer melee.
Melee:
Axe
Tag
V3ctorman
Yeah!
DonMagicWand
Masta Deltron
Calabrel
Arrow.
Hawk.
TwisT
V2
Smurf

Brawl:
Sucks

WOW what part of i had to go home? I knew something like this was going to happen...
I just saw this lol, then don't ditch melee for your house on your birthday! =P

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
wooooooooooowweeeeeeeeeeeeee! the tournament was awesome......I wanna do that again sometime... but next time Me and axe don't have to go random this time... Yes? No? Nah just kidding either way.. it was fun.. I don't mind goin random at all........Hope we can continue doing things like these repeatedly...

BTW:

Mikey........ your chance of actually getting a brawl tournament.... in SV......... = ...................0% and even then.. if it is run.. only 3 people will enter... You, Patrick, and maybe Seabass. so have the tournament if you want but nobody will want to enter... let alone =WATCH the matches.....

I wouldn't mind it.. i want to make everyone in SV happy, you know.. but the game is so basic....the player with more patience will eventually be the winner... the game has no *interest* to the more competetive scene which btw is 95% of SV. You and Patrick are the only Brawl > Melee Players.

J.TwisT

Smash Apprentice
lol timmy, yea, i'm doing biweeklies, but if people from outta town start coming, I'm gonna start charging cash like 10$ 5 goes to pizza and drinks, 5 goes to winner.

Top Bottom