• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

J-Stars Victory Vs. Topic (Plus Update Confirmed for Summer 2015 Western Release)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If Korosensei from Assassination Classroom gets in this game will be a definite import for me.

Also the game looks like Ultimate Ninja Storm just with Goku & Luffy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Korosensei from Assassination Classroom gets in this game will be a definite import for me.

Also the game looks like Ultimate Ninja Storm just with Goku & Luffy.
They might as well add him since his manga is becoming a hit, he's arguably the best choice for a 2012 Weekly Shonen Jump rep, and they can use his seiyu from the AssClass Vomic. Gameplaywise, he can be a large fast moving character with many quick attacks. It wouldn't really be too much of a stretch if he was able to use the Anti-Sensei weapons in his moveset.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was having trouble with the IPad at that time, especially copying the right link. Anyways, here's the scan where you can see both swordsman in their 3-dimensional HD glory.

D

Deleted member

I was having trouble with the IPad at that time, especially copying the right link. Anyways, here's the scan where you can see both swordsman in their 3-dimensional HD glory.

Yeah, I'll probably be maining those two. Unless we get Kumagawa as well.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
totally maining Kenshin. and im not that excited for Ichigo just cause he was one of those that i expected anyway. it was just a matter of when he would be announced really

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder if we'll get any characters from Yu Yu Hakusho or Hunter Hunter. Besides that, I'm hoping that Vegeta and Gohan would be playable.

D

Deleted member

i played it a fair while ago, like a year or something

i only just got over it

;_;
Yeah, I played it last year too. Alternative gave me mad feels. It was a good read over all though. It's just uncommon to come across someone else who has read it outside of 4chan. Especially someone who prefers Sumika over Meiya.

D

Deleted member

i like meiya a lot too

but the fanart i took this avy from is just really good
I like Meiya too, I just prefer Sumika.

It's just, I remember all the ****storms last year on the MuvLuv threads in /a/ and how most of them devolved into waifu-wars, hahahaha. Though some of them were quite funny:

D

Deleted member

Sweet!

So it's basically JUS meets DBZ Tenkaichi?

I can dig that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dude! That's awesome. Glad to see They're adding Yusuke and Gon. Though I'm still really hoping for Vegeta and Gohan to show up too.
These guys are great additions since Togashi's one of those memorable mangaka from the 90's and Hunter x Hunter has a new anime. The thing that amazes me is the fact that Yusuke is in his Dark Tournament outfit as opposed to his green outfit from the beginning of Yu Yu Hakusho.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
These guys are great additions since Togashi's one of those memorable mangaka from the 90's and Hunter x Hunter has a new anime. The thing that amazes me is the fact that Yusuke is in his Dark Tournament outfit as opposed to his green outfit from the beginning of Yu Yu Hakusho.
i'd imagine his second player costume is gonna be the green school uniform.

Oniperson

Smash Cadet
I think I may have found a home.

So how do you think Multiplayer in this game will work? I hear that it will be 4 player, Do you think it will be 4 teams of 3, or two teams of 3 where when you tag out you literally tag your friend next to you sitting on the couch.

Will the screen be split all awkward like? One thing that was a major turn off for me in games like Tenkaichi and.... -well actually only tenkaichi - is that when you want to play your friends you had to split the screen right down the middle... Which sucked hard.

Another thing, these maps look ANOMALOUSLY ENORMOUS. It could be just a trick of the camera in the trailer, but at 1:00 while Naruto Is totally ripping into Luffy you can see Goku chillin' out maxin' relaxin' actin' all cool back there in the background. (Which I guess answers my question about 2 teams or 4 teams now that I think about it... also at the end you see gintoki and that other dude biking away from Goku... but one of them [probably Goku] may be a support dude... I don't know, I'm dehydrated, I can't critically think.) so does that mean that we basically get a block of the leaf village to play around in? In other games you would get like a courtyard or a small square opening with no distinguishing features other than the aesthetic ambiance. If so that would be incredible. I mean, Gintoki needs a scooter to get around right? Why would they give him that if the arena was comparable to the size of a garden...

I'm going to hit post reply now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New trailer revealed, and this shows off some Yusuke and Gon gameplay. I'll add it to the OP sooner than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6IXQeVEE_A

I think I may have found a home.

So how do you think Multiplayer in this game will work? I hear that it will be 4 player, Do you think it will be 4 teams of 3, or two teams of 3 where when you tag out you literally tag your friend next to you sitting on the couch.

Will the screen be split all awkward like? One thing that was a major turn off for me in games like Tenkaichi and.... -well actually only tenkaichi - is that when you want to play your friends you had to split the screen right down the middle... Which sucked hard.

Another thing, these maps look ANOMALOUSLY ENORMOUS. It could be just a trick of the camera in the trailer, but at 1:00 while Naruto Is totally ripping into Luffy you can see Goku chillin' out maxin' relaxin' actin' all cool back there in the background. (Which I guess answers my question about 2 teams or 4 teams now that I think about it... also at the end you see gintoki and that other dude biking away from Goku... but one of them [probably Goku] may be a support dude... I don't know, I'm dehydrated, I can't critically think.) so does that mean that we basically get a block of the leaf village to play around in? In other games you would get like a courtyard or a small square opening with no distinguishing features other than the aesthetic ambiance. If so that would be incredible. I mean, Gintoki needs a scooter to get around right? Why would they give him that if the arena was comparable to the size of a garden...

I'm going to hit post reply now.
The multiplayer would probably be tag team if the 4 player multiplayer is the case. Like in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.Though, they could pull of a 4 player battle royale considering how huge these arenas are.

Nothing's been confirmed for the split screen at the moment. It will probably be like most Dragon Ball Z games where it's 2 screens. If it's 4 player battle royale, they would show 4 small screens on the same TV screen. Then again, it depends which type of multiplayer they are going with.

The arenas are practically massive, which means free exploration and evasion during the fights and it's possible to explore a large portion of famous areas like the Hidden Leaf Village. That means you can feel free to fight in a large section of Planet Namek, just like in the Budokai Tenkaiichi games. Gintoki and Ryotsu's vehicle moves could usually be used for evasion or attacking your opponents head on depending on the situation.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: Added a new photo that shows of the 4 player gameplay and some news confirmed the game's appearance at the Tokyo Game Show this year along with a demo.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: I fixed the entire OP to show the list of confirmed characters, supports, stages, some Tokyo Game Show gameplay, and a brand spanking new trailer courtesy of the aforementioned game show.

PS: It's good to revive this topic after the shor-tlived "death" of Smashboards.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Yusuke and Vegeta look pretty fun to use. Then again, most characters do. It seems like each series is getting one stage so far, which is pretty fair. Again, I'm still really hoping for Gohan. Maybe Heie, Kakashi and one of the Joestars too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, Yusuke and Vegeta look pretty fun to use. Then again, most characters do. It seems like each series is getting one stage so far, which is pretty fair. Again, I'm still really hoping for Gohan. Maybe Heie, Kakashi and one of the Joestars too.
I'm still more worried about what new series would be represented in this game like Beelzebub, Medaka Box, Ansatsu Kyou****su. I can already tell that characters from cult mangas like Toru Muhyo and Taikobo would be demoted to support characters like Jaguar based on the outcomes. The mangaka of Hell Teacher Nube did say that Nube is in the game via Twitter, but didn't say whether he's a playable character or assist. With the announcement of a Haikyu!! anime today, it's safe to say that Hinata and the gang will be assists in this game. Just many months left to go until the game's release and we would be lucky if they reveal 3 characters on the same scan next month or November like they did with the rivals Sasuke, Zebra, and Vegeta.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If only a certain baby raising delinquent can be confirmed soon since his manga isn't doing so hot now.

Also, severval sources furtherly explained that Kumagawa is an assist. Ouch, sorry ManlySpirit. :(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Other than that, I did discover that there's a stage based on the rooftop of the Juppongatana HQ from Rurouni Kenshin. Look at the images on the bottom section of the scan.

EDIT: I posted a more clearer image of the Medaka scan on the OP.

Top Bottom