• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaurs and Ladders.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Now, I've seen that in DK's rumble falls there are some ladders so characters who, let's say aren't so much of "jumpers" can get to higher levels. Also on the Stage Builder you are able to create stages with ladders. Maybe even one consisting almost entirely of ladders. So now this has just struck me. How can Ivysaur climb ladders??? Vines AND 4 feet? Just vines? He can't? What do you think?

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
He should be able to climb ladders. If he couldn't then it would be a major disadvantage. I'm thinking he'll climb the ladders with his four feet. Seeing that he doesn't even hold items with his vines I'm going to predict that they are only used for attacking and recovering, so I don't think he will climb ladders with them (also, i don't really see how that would look).

Njs523

Smash Cadet
lol the name of this thread made me laugh :p

I think Ivysaur should become confused and enraged when confronted with a ladder, and take damage / become hopelessly entangled when it attempts to climb one. :)

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
he uses his arms and legs just like everybody else. you will only see the bulb

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Are there any videos of Ivysaur on Rumble Falls?

If not I'll make one...when I get Brawl ='(

tux_do

Smash Cadet
lol the name of this thread made me laugh :p

I think Ivysaur should become confused and enraged when confronted with a ladder, and take damage / become hopelessly entangled when it attempts to climb one. :)
lol, "Ivysaur hurts himself in confusion!"

ngtm

Smash Cadet
ivysaur does indeed climb ladders with his 4 feet. confirmed.

Top Bottom