• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivy's Combo Game

Winter_Sun

Smash Rookie
Sup guys,

I started to side main Ivysaur, and I'm starting to really like her play style more and more as I play. Just trying to get some insight into her combo game to really capitalize on opening up an opponent.

Are there any combos that are essential to know when playing her?
Are there any intricate tricks I should know that aren't as intuitive?
What type of combos do you guys like to do?

Thanks for your time,

-Winter_Sun

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Uair juggling is good because it charges SolarBeam and pushes you back down for a quick follow-up.
Uthrow/Dthrow is a good way to set up Vine Whip kills.
Synthesis land cancels and is good for disrupting opponents ground game, as well as edgeguarding some sweet-spotted recoveries.
You can runoff > tether to avoid a sweet-spotted recovery (Ivy should tether and be above the edge), and then reel in to edgehog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYmmlx3gKE

Also, there's already a general discussion thread that can cover these topics, and it goes more in depth. More people will see it there.

Top Bottom